Steelers fans say it isn't so!

SpaceGhost

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm using the same rationale as verse.

That's just how all Ohio fans are with the Browns, the Bengals, the Indians, the Reds, the Blue Jackets, and even when OSU is bad.

I think I may have been the only person I know who was rooting the Blue Jackets pre All-Star break. Then suddenly the seats started filling, people started talking to me about hockey. It's just how it is.

I still rooted for Pittsburgh in '03 when they won 6 games and still rooted for Michigan last year when they won 3 games.

I think I may have been the only person I know who was rooting the Blue Jackets pre All-Star break. Then suddenly the seats started filling, people started talking to me about hockey. It's just how it is.

I will challenge you to that. I have three jerseys and the one I wear to every home game is from the very first season. I'm sweet.

Anyway, it's the nature of sports. I question your judgement of "fair-weather" fans in Ohio if you have only mostly lived in Ohio.

I've bitched and moaned to people for years about how great hockey is and to come support the Jackets. I want them to get more exposure and sales; yet, the last couple seasons when they've stepped it up (post-MacLean), I hear people accusing others of becoming fans only when they start playing decently. Who cares?

Now on that note, Pittsburgh is a horrible city. :D

I will challenge you to that. I have three jerseys and the one I wear to every home game is from the very first season. I'm sweet.

Anyway, it's the nature of sports. I question your judgement of "fair-weather" fans in Ohio if you have only mostly lived in Ohio.

I've bitched and moaned to people for years about how great hockey is and to come support the Jackets. I want them to get more exposure and sales; yet, the last couple seasons when they've stepped it up (post-MacLean), I hear people accusing others of becoming fans only when they start playing decently. Who cares?

Now on that note, Pittsburgh is a horrible city. :D

I've lived in Ohio my whole life and have never seen a team have more fairweather fans than the Bengals. Most Buckeye fans just bitch about everything.

I've lived in Ohio my whole life and have never seen a team have more fairweather fans than the Bengals. Most Buckeye fans just bitch about everything.

Meh, a fairweather fan is a fan, nonetheless. I really didn't like the NFL after the 1st Browns moved, so I've never been interested after that. So I feel my stance is fairly neutral. Out of all the merch-wearing(jerseys, shirts, hats etc.) fans I see in Columbus, it goes in order from most to least:

1. Ohio State

2. Pittsburgh Steelers

3. Cincinatti Bengals

4+. Consists of Cleveland Indians and Browns and the Yankees

Last. And lately I've been seeing more Blue Jackets gear (as verse mentioned earlier)

Meh, a fairweather fan is a fan, nonetheless. I really didn't like the NFL after the 1st Browns moved, so I've never been interested after that. So I feel my stance is fairly neutral. Out of all the merch-wearing(jerseys, shirts, hats etc.) fans I see in Columbus, it goes in order from most to least:

1. Ohio State

2. Pittsburgh Steelers

3. Cincinatti Bengals

4+. Consists of Cleveland Indians and Browns and the Yankees

Last. And lately I've been seeing more Blue Jackets gear (as verse mentioned earlier)

You don't pay attention much. It's definitely

1. OSU

2. Browns

3. Steelers

4. Bengals, more or less depending on how much they have won.

What's annoying is you won't hear from Bengals fans for weeks at a time, they get a decent win, your facebook newsfeed is full of "Who Dey" then all of a sudden they lose and only 2 of those people post anything about the Bengals again until they win.