WTB: Basic 870 Shot Barrel

twistedfocus1647545489

I'm thinking about getting back into hunting this season and started shopping for a shot barrel for my 870. Currently the only barrel I have is a Hastings rifled slug barrel. I used to always hunt with my single shot 20ga. but the wife will be using that if she decides she's into this hunting thing. I noticed it's damn near impossible to find just a basic bead sight, improved cylinder or similar barrel anymore. I'd rather not drop $200+ on a fancy Remchoke vent-rib barrel for some basic bird hunting. I know Mossberg makes a 18.5" bead sight barrel for around $100, but that's cylinder bore and more for shooting at people than birds.

Anyone have a cheap 12ga. 870 barrel laying around they want to get rid of? I'd take a screw-in choke barrel for the right price (3" chamber and no rifle sights please).

By any chance you want to sell that slug barrel?

No, I plan to hang onto it. I'd definitely recommend the Hastings to anyone in the market for a slug barrel though. It has claimed many a deer (though I have gotten away from deer hunting in recent years).