VIC JR?

STEVE-O

Anyone running a vic or vic jr intake manifold on there lsx motor???

I am saving up the funds and have a very good idea so far on the setup I want and have been looking more into a vic jr..

They seem to be damn good maifolds and are a very good price...

Any thoughts? complaints? etc...

It will still be fuel injected not carbed with the elbow...

ray is running one on his i think...

so i take it your going with heavy boost?

thinking more along the lines of something from Nitro Dave lol

I have seen the pics he has of the super vic and all his manifolds look very nice and well done... And it will be easy to put a plate in between the elbow and the manifold... But like I said I have a LOT of time to plan this out...

Guest Removed

well, going with the victor, you be losing alot of runner length. killing torque down low, but making power up stairs...look at the rpm range the victor is rated for...like 3500 and up! its great for a race car....not so much if you want to street drive tho...

id only run that step up on a heavily boosted car, or a stick shift spray car. that will see lots of track duty. but still, you can make all the power in the world with the motor, but can your trans and rear end take it? those are more of the things i would be thinking about, instead of going with a all out intake setup right off the bat. but thats just my 2 cents worth

well, going with the victor, you be losing alot of runner length. killing torque down low, but making power up stairs...look at the rpm range the victor is rated for...like 3500 and up! its great for a race car....not so much if you want to street drive tho...

id only run that step up on a heavily boosted car, or a stick shift spray car. that will see lots of track duty. but still, you can make all the power in the world with the motor, but can your trans and rear end take it? those are more of the things i would be thinking about, instead of going with a all out intake setup right off the bat. but thats just my 2 cents worth

o for sure... I will be going with either a 4l80e or changing to a 6 speed... And It will ahve a 12 bolt or 9 inch... when all this is said and done...

That was one of my concerns was the power range on them but I thought to myself if it is getting the wet juice I dont think it could hurt me that bad in the low end

You would have to rethink some of the other engine parts to make it worth your while not going boosted. A really high stall for an auto, a cam that makes power up high, better lifters that like high RPMs, and at least better rod bolts. Anything can be made to work well on nitrous, and in my opinion sticking with a stock style manifold would keep it a much more fun street car without taking away from dragstrip duty.

If you really do want to go this route do some more research and you'll find that running a non-boosted car doesn't like the intake elbow TB set-up. Guys are having much better success running a carb style TB on top with a intake hat on top of that. It consistantly makes more power then an elbow, search LS1 tech. Maybe your goals are a lot different then mine but I doubt you'd really go this route.

Ok I will look a bit more on ls1tech some more... The other option I was going with was a fast manifold like everyone else... I hope I can find a good used one because they are not so cheap... Or I was going to talk to ips and see how much a custom manifold like there vette one would be and how well it does at low rpm also... I like the style of the vic jr and it is pretty cheap compard to the fast etc.... And I think a ls6 unless ported etc will not give me the results I want...

Price out everything you need to get the vic jr actually on the car, and then know that you can take a FAST out of the box and bolt it on plus TB and it really isn't much cheaper. ie you need the elbow, the TB, the fuel rails, various fittings to hook up the fuel rails, I think I'm forgeting something, you get my point.

I only went with the victor because of boost. The Victor elbow TB setup sucks in non-boosted aplications. 4150 carb style throttle body is a must with the victor in N/A or Nitrous applications. A friend of mine lost a bunch of power (over 30rwhp N/A) going from the fast to the victor with the elbow. He gained it all back when he put the 4150 style throttle body on it.

Guest Removed
I only went with the victor because of boost. The Victor elbow TB setup sucks in non-boosted aplications. 4150 carb style throttle body is a must with the victor in N/A or Nitrous applications. A friend of mine lost a bunch of power (over 30rwhp N/A) going from the fast to the victor with the elbow. He gained it all back when he put the 4150 style throttle body on it.

how much of a change did he see in the torque curve?

down low that is

ok cool that is what I was loking for to change my mind... luckly dave also has a nice set up for the fast...

thanks guys