No sound on my computer HELP!!

John Bruh

Well this is on my work computer. I never had speakers for the longest time and finally got a set and hooked them up. But when i did that they won't play any sound. I tired them on another computer here at work and they work perfectly fine. So i know my computer has a problem.

When you go to the control panel and go to audio devices when the new window opens it says there are no audio devices. I tried to download a new drive from reltrek (i believe) and it still won't work.

Any help would be appericated!!! I'm not good at all with computer...im bairly ok.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go to start, run, type in dxdiag (Direct X Diagnostics) and let that gather the info. Once it has, click the sound 1 or sound 2 button (I have a sound card and a mobo supplied thing so i have one under each) but just look under those, and see what it says. it should say something like...

Realtek HD Audio Output or SB Audigy Sound Output

Something along those lines.

Once you figure that out, grab the drivers for it and make sure its for the right operating system (XP 32 bit , 64 bit, etc)

Go to start, run, type in dxdiag (Direct X Diagnostics) and let that gather the info. Once it has, click the sound 1 or sound 2 button (I have a sound card and a mobo supplied thing so i have one under each) but just look under those, and see what it says. it should say something like...

Realtek HD Audio Output or SB Audigy Sound Output

Something along those lines.

Once you figure that out, grab the drivers for it and make sure its for the right operating system (XP 32 bit , 64 bit, etc)

No sound card was found. If one is expected, you should install a sound driver provided by the hardware manufacturer.

No sound card was found. If one is expected, you should install a sound driver provided by the hardware manufacturer.

Well there's your problem haha... Hmm how to figure out what card you have without the mobo detecting it is gonna be rather difficult. Not like you can just start taking the computer apart at work to see what it is...

Random Question

When you plug the speakers in, do you plug them into a sound card down at the bottom of the computer, or are you plugging them directly into the motherboard?

Fubar is on the right track... or you can see if a sound driver was ever installed on it. You need to find out what make and model the computer is and then get the mobo audio driver. install. restart and should be good to go...

1st question what is a mobo?

2nd question the sound drive can just be downloaded right.

Mobo = Motherboard, everything is connected to the motherboard somehow

Drivers can just be downloaded yes, we just have to figure out what kind of computer your using / your motherboard so we can find you the right drivers.

EDIT: Eaisest way to find your sound drivers, would be if you had a namebrand computer. Like a eMachines 5450 or a HP Whatever, if you can get us the computer name i can find you the drivers.

i think the computer was built. its not like a dell or hp or anything.

on the front it says cooler master and the bottom it says g.skill and running a pentium processor

Sounds custom build to me, most manufacturers dont use CoolerMaster fans and such. Only thing i can think of except decephiring the bios, would be to take the side of the computer off and see if you cant see any numbers/something on the motherboard. Lemme see if i cant take a pic of my mobo and show you what you would be looking for.

EDIT: I cant take a pic of mine, the numbers are being covered up by my cpu heatsink... Lemme go hitup google and see what i cant find

Try this, Right click on my computer, go to Manage. Once manage is open, find Device Manager. Once your in there look under sound.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f302/SevereSarz/asdfsdfg.jpg

You may also want to look for a yellow ?, cause that will let you know what devices are connected to your mobo but not installed.