CCW question

verse

Nothing about 'what if' or legallity questions, but more of a what have you done question.

It seems like everytime I start talking to a girl and I feel we are at the position in our new found relationship that I should let her know that I do carry most everywhere it just seems most of them are so turned off. I'm not sure if I'm just talking to the wrong type of girls, or what I'm saying. It's not like I'm saying "I HAVE A GUN," it's more of a "I carry a concealed handgun and have a lot of proper training" just seems they mostly are weirded out about it.

Anyone else had this sort of problem?

i guess how i could see that that would freak out a new girl. id say take her to a range and some other things similar she might get into it, then ease into telling her. might take a little more time, but probably have better results than "hey new g/f, i carry a gun almost everywhere i go"

Guest tbutera2112
i would just not tell her and wait until she sees it... that way youre not making a big deal about it, just carrying like its casual instead of saying "hey, i carry a gun"

i would just not tell her and wait until she sees it... that way youre not making a big deal about it, just carrying like its casual instead of saying "hey, i carry a gun"

I would think going about it that way could be an even worse situation to be in. lol

Guest tbutera2112
Not to mention it's not NWS. It's a moderator though, so he gets no punishment. I get banned for posting something that's been posted several times on here.

mods are above the rules, anyone else woulda got banned too

Tough call. Either you need to find a girl who is not turned off by guns (and them being carried in public). Or stop carrying. If it really is negatively effecting your quality of life, then maybe it's time to change your priorities.

Before people start pointing fingers, I do also have a CCW permit and training. I choose not to carry for the most part since my sole pistol is a little too large for me to conceal conveniently. Also, a lot of the people I know would be offended by a loaded handgun in their presence. I choose not to make it an issue by not carrying. Besides, between being a school teacher and spending a lot of time in bars .... about the only place I can legally carry is at home and in my car.

Stop telling them unless you're actually getting serious. Random conversations involving guns usually don't work out...

Her- What do you want for dinner?

You- I carry a concealed handgun legally with training, blah.

Her- I'm gonna go fuck your friend.

Wait until you're serious or there is a lead in.

News- Person was shot today while being robbed.

Her- Oh that's terrible.

You- Well, that's one of the reasons I got CCW.

Her- CCW?

You- explain that shit son.

Now you know.

Stop telling them unless you're actually getting serious. Random conversations involving guns usually don't work out...

Her- What do you want for dinner?

You- I carry a concealed handgun legally with training, blah.

Her- I'm gonna go fuck your friend.

Wait until you're serious or there is a lead in.

News- Person was shot today while being robbed.

Her- Oh that's terrible.

You- Well, that's one of the reasons I got CCW.

Her- CCW?

You- explain that shit son.

Now you know.

this

or you could stop hanging around ignorant ass liberal floozies that can't possibly see a legitimate use for a firearm. You just need to find a girl who understands that shit happens, and if you're not prepared it will happen to you. Sounds like they're not mature enough to understand is what I'm saying.

or you could stop hanging around ignorant ass liberal floozies that can't possibly see a legitimate use for a firearm. You just need to find a girl who understands that shit happens, and if you're not prepared it will happen to you. Sounds like they're not mature enough to understand is what I'm saying.

so liberal = cant see a legitimate use for a firearm?

funny. i voted democratic since i was 18, and have 2 different guns i carry. a smaller one for summer/light clothes and a small but larger frame for winter when i can conceal it better with a jacket

so liberal = cant see a legitimate use for a firearm?

funny. I voted democratic since i was 18, and have 2 different guns i carry. a smaller one for summer/light clothes and a small but larger frame for winter when i can conceal it better with a jacket

And you probably wouldn't be disgusted if your boyfriend told you he was carrying now would you? You can vote however you want, but if you're coming out as a hypocrite, I'm going to call you on it. Back on topic!

this!

Last girl I dated, not the Krystan bitch, but before that... I didnt tell her. We were going for a walk in the creekside park one night in Gahanna and we stopped over in a clearing... she goes to put her hands down the front of my pants and well there it was, big and black... My 92fs.. She stepped back with a look on her face like she was scared shitless and i said... This is Pistol this is my gun, this is for killing this is for fun!! And I made my self laugh for like 10 min after it! It was a classic moment in my life. then we went back to place and I made her watch Full Metal Jacket so should would get the joke and not Think I was crazy!

I personally wouldn't mention it until it came up some other way. If she saw it on me then I would explain it to her. If she doesn't like the idea then either get rid her or the gun. That choice is up to you. I would NOT want to be with someone who is weirded out or plain dislikes a firearm.

Besides I have always carried some type of pocket knife since I was 8. I never really told any of my previous girlfriends about it until I pulled it out and used it for whatever. Now that is not as extreme as a gun BUT I did have an ex that plain didn't like the knife. Any time we got into a fight and I would leave her house she would go crazy and think I was going to cut my wrists. I don't know what gave her that idea but as you can see I am not with her now.

I personally wouldn't mention it until it came up some other way. If she saw it on me then I would explain it to her. If she doesn't like the idea then either get rid her or the gun. That choice is up to you. I would NOT want to be with someone who is weirded out or plain dislikes a firearm.

Besides I have always carried some type of pocket knife since I was 8. I never really told any of my previous girlfriends about it until I pulled it out and used it for whatever. Now that is not as extreme as a gun BUT I did have an ex that plain didn't like the knife. Any time we got into a fight and I would leave her house she would go crazy and think I was going to cut my wrists. I don't know what gave her that idea but as you can see I am not with her now.

Maybe wearing her pants and listening to emo music gave her the idea!

I too recently got mine, and as people (girls) find out about it, even friends, they are a little weirded out... I think its where they don't really know the amount of people in our society that do carry. I haven't yet learned how to ease/warm them up to the idea besides like what Hal said:

Girl: I saw on the news a woman got rapped today while walking in the park with her bf. The big bad guys strangled him and made him watch, omg people are horrible.

Guy: I would have saved you baby.

Girl: How?

Guy: I'm packing strap

Girl: Lets fuck.

I look at it this way would you rather walk around without your gun to make her no feel weirded out or do you feel there is no real reason you got a ccw anyway??? I would much rather carry and know you and whoever you are with is safe and maybe weirded out then not carry and need it one day..

Also I to vote dont see dont tell what they dont kow cant hurt and if they find out the hard way they will be thankful for it.. That goes for friends and girlfirends abroad