Lower price double-DIN navigation unit recommendations

Nitrousbird

Christmas is coming up, and one of my ideas is finally getting her a navigation unit for her Audi.

I really don't want to do a portable unit; just wouldn't look right in her car.

Factory Audi RNS-E is expensive, period. You might, and that's a MIGHT, luck into a used one w/ none of the wiring extras for $700. And honestly, I've seen several new aftermarket ones that are far nicer for the price.

I want to go a lot cheaper than that. E-bay type prices, new/used/refurb (though must be in great condition). Keeping the rest of her stereo system stock. Must be Sirius ready (I would sell her current factory Sirius tuner box and use that money to buy one for whatever head unit I would purchase...the Audi ones are PRICEY, so I'll get a pretty penny, since I paid a pretty penny for hers last year for Christmas).

I'd like to keep it under $400. Beyond that, I'll probably go with a different Christmas gift. Any ideas? I will not put some junk unit in her car either.

$400 are you serious Joe? That won't get a decent non navi head unit!

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Support/CarAudioVideo/In-Dash/CD-Players/ci.DEH-P9800BT.Support

That's what is in my Avlanche; bought it about a month after it was released. Was the best Premier non-navigation head unit at the time...I paid about $350 shipped for it, brand new. It was their top end deck until this year when they released a new model line. You can get good deals if you look. :)

Pioneer Double Din, with nav, removeable faceplate, and good company to order from (i've bought stuff from them before. O and its only 459

its not the biggest screen but its the closest thing to your price that i would use myself

I've seen that one of Pioneer's website, and one I would consider.