Fake Veteran Charged With "Stolen Valor."

SicShelby

What a bitch. They are every where. People are so hopeful of what others have done, they claim it as their own.

Last year I was told that someone on here had worked Top Secret with the Marine Corps. This was a story told to me by them, hoping I would give them some respect I guess?

Weak ass Fuckers.

While I was over there I talked to plenty of soldiers coming in from outside the wire and heard some shit that would put a grown man in tears, and for this motherfucking fucker to make up shit like that warrants a public kick to the dick.

I cant get the link to load on my computer but i already know what it is from what you guys are saying. I have told a few select members on here my story. I dont like to talk about it that much so when people are telling lies about how they went outside the wire, I can pick up on it pretty easily. I was a gunner/driver on convoys every other night for two tours. If you ask me I may talk about it over a beer.

I cant get the link to load on my computer but i already know what it is from what you guys are saying. I have told a few select members on here my story. I dont like to talk about it that much so when people are telling lies about how they went outside the wire, I can pick up on it pretty easily. I was a gunner/driver on convoys every other night for two tours. If you ask me I may talk about it over a beer.

I understand ;)

I actually can't imagine that anyone would do this - I guess to take advantage of people and get some attention. It amazes me!

Maybe we should take him for a ride Zac.

I cant believe people who are this cowardly and dishonest. I mean seriously the military sells these decorations for anyone in the service to go buy, on the condition that you have earned it.

To actually go out of your way, fabricate a story like this and claim you are a victim takes away from those who actually suffered through this.

Sterner has pushed for a federal database listing the names and citations of all decorated military veterans to help put an end to such cases. He said Strandlof has robbed true veterans of their veracity.

I'm deffinately not a fan of this personally. It is people like that, that fucking disgust me. Too many times I've heard the stories of paper pushers who felt the need to inflate their own ego by calling home to brag about going outside the wire. Coming home on leave I got stuck with a bunch of FOBBETs bragging about how many IEDs they got hit by.

One pretty cool story was I just happened to be at the VFW enjoying my $1.50 beers when the old timers invited me over to their round table. I was short, polite, and just drank my beers. As the alcohol progressed, the questions worked over to me. I told them in short who I was, and what I did. They had told me no more than a week prior, an Air Force Airmen had come in telling stories of being hit by IEDs and got into multiple firefights. The group of old men told me they believed him, up until he spoke of being an air craft mechanic. The group comprised of mainly Army, and a few Marines told me they politely told him to get the fuck out.

But I do agree Gabe, the FBI should fry that ass. The only shread of dignity that he may have, is IF his organization really did reach out to Vets in need.

I also don't get why one would want people to praise him for going over there. I don't like what I did there and as much as I want someone to buy me a beer or some thing I won't take it unless it's a fellow vet or someone thanking me for being in just for the corps. I'm sure this sounds like non sense, oh well. And yes if I met this I guy I would mess his world up.

I'm deffinately not a fan of this personally. It is people like that, that fucking disgust me. Too many times I've heard the stories of paper pushers who felt the need to inflate their own ego by calling home to brag about going outside the wire. Coming home on leave I got stuck with a bunch of FOBBETs bragging about how many IEDs they got hit by.

One pretty cool story was I just happened to be at the VFW enjoying my $1.50 beers when the old timers invited me over to their round table. I was short, polite, and just drank my beers. As the alcohol progressed, the questions worked over to me. I told them in short who I was, and what I did. They had told me no more than a week prior, an Air Force Airmen had come in telling stories of being hit by IEDs and got into multiple firefights. The group of old men told me they believed him, up until he spoke of being an air craft mechanic. The group comprised of mainly Army, and a few Marines told me they politely told him to get the fuck out.

But I do agree Gabe, the FBI should fry that ass. The only shread of dignity that he may have, is IF his organization really did reach out to Vets in need.

I agree with you. It is an interesting case. I do not agree with his actions, however, the fact that he didn't gain monetarily is good, and the fact that he's coming out of the closet and admitting this, is good. That doesn't make it right, or make him less of a douche bag - he's going to have to pay up to the consequences, and hopefully they'll throw it all at him.

I may go some time pm me whenever u go I would like to know someone who is there I'm a little shy of that kind of thing.

No problemo. I don't know what side of town you're on, but I know there's one in Delaware I've gone to before. It's pretty easy to get into, not to mention cheap booze. If you don't mind trading stories with the old timers, it ain't too bad.

Brian, I hate the combat patch for exactly the reason you stated. Dudes put them on and everyone is suppose to think youre hardcore for deploying with a well known combat unit. It's bullshit. I have 5 that the company I deployed with are autherized to wear. I choose not to wear one and I am asked where it is about once a month. I did my job and had not issues, nor was I enguaged.

I hope you are putting your people in check. Some fuckers deploy and come backing thinking they have rid the world of evil and that they never have to do their job again.

Having some coward out there saying he has sacraficed and lived through any tragidy or the commitment of training for our country, is fuckig pathetic. I hope his asshole bleeds daily and he pisses razor blades for life.

Very interesting. I do not know why someone would want to do what he did, but, oh well... he did.

He will not last long in prison unless he is in solitary.

And to those who actually "did"...

:thumbup:

And

http://www.snapoffracing.com/forums/images/smilies/beerchug.gif

KillJoy

Brian, I hate the combat patch for exactly the reason you stated. Dudes put them on and everyone is suppose to think youre hardcore for deploying with a well known combat unit. It's bullshit. I have 5 that the company I deployed with are autherized to wear. I choose not to wear one and I am asked where it is about once a month. I did my job and had not issues, nor was I enguaged.

I hope you are putting your people in check. Some fuckers deploy and come backing thinking they have rid the world of evil and that they never have to do their job again.

100% agreed with this. Just because you wear one, doesn't mean you did anything. I found the combat patch to be more of a jewelry item in the National Guard. I do enjoy asking people the history behind their patch, for most can't tell you.

100% agreed with this. Just because you wear one, doesn't mean you did anything. I found the combat patch to be more of a jewelry item in the National Guard. I do enjoy asking people the history behind their patch, for most can't tell you.

I got a CAR for my time there but due to the slow ass marine admin system i didnt get it till I was out for a year. So i never got the pleasure of wearing one. Im not going to lie but when i first got it I got a window sticker for my car of the combat action ribbon.

I know I am not really doing shit here (Baghdad) But I know I am helping provide security for the hospital and the injured and the people that make them better. I am doing my share I know that much. People praise me I say thanks but it is my job. I do what I have to. I am no war hero. I have yet to have a bullet shot in my direction. But as long as I help the war effort. i am happy. But never will I lie and take away someone elses glory!

I know I am not really doing shit here (Baghdad) But I know I am helping provide security for the hospital and the injured and the people that make them better. I am doing my share I know that much. People praise me I say thanks but it is my job. I do what I have to. I am no war hero. I have yet to have a bullet shot in my direction. But as long as I help the war effort. i am happy. But never will I lie and take away someone elses glory!

You're doing what you were sent there to do. And I thank you for showing up for work. That's all you need to do. If a situation comes up outside of what may seem safe to your everyday task, your are there to react.

Realizing what you're there for and doing it well can mean the differance between wanna be, and here's what I did.

Edited by Mojoe
Spelling and iPhone ownage