FS Big Aquarium

Science Abuse

yeah...once i get new carpet down here (its a 1/2 basement...3 level split)...when you come downstairs, 1/2 bath on the right, laundry on the left...once youre in the living room area, theres about 6' to the right of the opening to the wall, and to the left its about 8'.

right now i have my TV against the right wall and couch on the left wall, for like a 20' viewing distance.

i want to turn my couch and put it against the "back" wall and the tv against the wall where you walk in, and make it like a 12' viewing area...then i can put a fish tank where my TV is now.

ive already got a 55g :) when i say big tank, im talking like 125+ gallon. maybe more. one that once i put it down here, its not going to move for YEARS

(sorry for the messy room...was when we were still moving into the new place)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/IMG_2561.jpg?t=1255660161

plus...the $$ isnt in the tank itself, its in all the filters, heater, and all the other supplies you need. theres a 125g tank + stand on CL ive been watching now down to $200. but id have to drop at least another $300 to get everything for it

55+55=110 :)

I can make you a "water bridge" to get fish from one tank to the other.

No, I'm serious, like the old hamster fortresses: a tube that comes up out of one tank and drop into another, full of water, that fish can swim through. :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Clear-Acrylic-Plexiglass-Tube-3-1-4-OD-X-3-ID-X-36_W0QQitemZ370146355854QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item562e712a8e

• 3 months later...
yep. looks like my 55g too.

i keep getting the urge to go to a 90 or 125g tank, then i get that cheap bone in my body saying "SAVE YOUR MONEY! THE 55 IS FINE!"

no its not, i jumped from 75 to 210:D

Bigger tanks are easier to keep clean!

Good deal, free bump.

55+55=110 :)

I can make you a "water bridge" to get fish from one tank to the other.

No, I'm serious, like the old hamster fortresses: a tube that comes up out of one tank and drop into another, full of water, that fish can swim through. :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Clear-Acrylic-Plexiglass-Tube-3-1-4-OD-X-3-ID-X-36_W0QQitemZ370146355854QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item562e712a8e

I did exactly what you're talking about when I was in 7th grade. I had alot of old fish books, beautiful fuckin color pics in these old books. Anyway, I saw something in one of them and got the idea to build an archway tunnel for my fish from one tank to the other. Had a couple accidents, lol, but eventually got it al working properly with no leaks, etc. Man, that first wait for a fish to fucking use it took an eternity. I tried getting crazier after that, but eventually my imagination outran my expertise and materials.

I had a couple other cool things to create underwater "air islands" in the tanks, too. This gave some of my air breathing buddies in the tanks some help and gave the tanks a very different look. Almost like looking at the tank from the top, but viewing it from the side. hard to put into words.