Android peeps!

CRed05

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How's everyones battery life with these type of phones? I bought my phone the day after Tgiving. With GPS and wireless off I can't get a full 24 hours out of my battery. With either of them on it's a matter of hours. Is that normal? My old phone, though not a smart phone, would last 3 or 4 days doing the same stuff that is killing my current battery in a day.

My only real complaint ever has been battery consumption. I am not overly upset about this, as my phone can do more than I could ever want... My phone sees heavy texting and email use daily and every once in awhile I make or receive a call (Maybe ten to twenty mins of voice usage daily). I have a G1 and have no other complaints or true desire to upgrade anytime soon. Speed could be a little better, but once I flashed a new ROM it is no longer an issue. There are all kinds of tweaks and I never did make any mods to stock battery consumption, either.

How's everyones battery life with these type of phones? I bought my phone the day after Tgiving. With GPS and wireless off I can't get a full 24 hours out of my battery. With either of them on it's a matter of hours. Is that normal? My old phone, though not a smart phone, would last 3 or 4 days doing the same stuff that is killing my current battery in a day.

I got a widget that allows me to quickly turn off syncing/gps/wifi/bluetooth with a simple touch. Also I'd try getting Advanced Task Killer from the market. Just do a killall on your apps, so they aren't running in the background all day.

That does NOT sound normal for it to last only a few hours.

Depends on how much you use it. My battery life improved the longer I had it because a) they released a bunch of updates to improve battery life and b) I got used to my phone and wasn't messing with the thing every 5 seconds. But turning wifi and blutooth off when you dont use it and also turning the screen brightness down and setting a shorter time for when your screen turns off also helps.

Its definitely fast, lots of improvements. I'm really liking the new lockscreen and it syncs with facebook better. I've noticed 2 problems so far. I cant get the flip clock to show me the weather, and I tried google navigation and it told me that I need to install the voice commands, but as soon as i clicked the button that's suppose to take me to it, it force closed. I'm going to keep messing with it to see if I can figure it out. There were a few other issues but changing a few settings fixed it.

over the past month or so, ive lost all excitement for my g1. =(

You know me too, I want something newer. I looked at the Mytouch3g last night, and it is a nice update looks wise, but I'll just have to wait for the new ones to come out. I still have almost a year left before I can upgrade, im definitely not paying full price for a MT3G

Picked up the moto droid last night.. so far Im not super impressed at all. Not a bad phone.. seems some of the apps conflict with eachother.. and 1 thing that has pissed me off already is randomly not receiving txts when the person sends them. Im hoping this will turn into a good phone or Im gonna be pretty upset.

Sorry to say my vote still goes to the superior iphone for sure.

Picked up the moto droid last night.. so far Im not super impressed at all. Not a bad phone.. seems some of the apps conflict with eachother.. and 1 thing that has pissed me off already is randomly not receiving txts when the person sends them. Im hoping this will turn into a good phone or Im gonna be pretty upset.

Sorry to say my vote still goes to the superior iphone for sure.

Did you look at the Droid Eris? I dont understand why people are getting the Moto over the Eris.

A friend of mine switched from an iphone to an Eris, and he said the same thing. I then showed him how to actually use the Eris and all its features, and he loves it now. He said the iphone keyboard is better, I showed him that there is a calibration tool for the Eris keyboard, after he did that he said it felt a lot better but the iphone keyboard is probably still his favorite.

The Eris keyboard is better than the regular android keyboard too.

Well, for the last 2 weeks I've been running Hero 2.1 and its cool, but barely usable on a daily basis right now, since HTC is yet to release driver's for the G1 and it needs tweaked a lot. I finally had enough of not having MMS and phone being intermittently slow as balls so I decided to look for something else.

I decided to go back to non-hero 2.1, found a nice rom for it. Still has facebook sync, Exchange support, and best of all its made for the G1 so its not slow at all and has the cool new lock screen, with a lot of the features that you can find in Hero 2.1. Still doesnt have a camera (damn HTC) but its a nice little rom. Probably has the coolest boot animation I've seen.

Download here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=598973

Screenshot of lockscreen

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=257120&d=1260914778

Edited by kickass

• 2 weeks later...

Jan 5th 2010 we might be able to get our hands one the Nexus One. This phone will have a 1Ghz processor and OLED screen. I will have to get one. Google is being very secretive about the phone right now. Supposedly you can only get it directly from Google but T-Mobile will support it.

http://www.androidcentral.com/nexus-one-reportedly-530-unlocked-180-if-you-roll-t-mobile

He said the iphone keyboard is better, I showed him that there is a calibration tool for the Eris keyboard, after he did that he said it felt a lot better but the iphone keyboard is probably still his favorite.

The Eris keyboard is better than the regular android keyboard too.

I freaking HATE the keyboard on the ERIS. Not because it needs calibrated, but because it's so damned slow to respond. I can type faster than it can keep up. So I'll have to pause and let it catch up, only to find I made a typing mistake, that the ERIS then decides to autofix it to some fucked up other word not even close to what I meant to type. Then, trying to place the cursor in the exact spot so I can backspace and correct the word is a PITA too at times.

Next phone will definitely have a hardware keyboard. This way I can feel what buttons I'm hitting... so the word beer doesn't come out meer and the phone doesn't auto correct it to meek, week, or meet.

The ERIS itself aside from that though is great.

• 1 month later...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=634378

Sweet! Cant wait to try it out, I already installed the HTC_IME keyboard and its working great. It comes with flash 10.1, FM radio and all the other Sense goodies from 1.5 plus a few new ones.

Its the ROM from this phone FYI:

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-desire-sense-nexus-one