Looks like I better be putting valve springs in my Z06

DTM Brian

PAC-1518 for drop-in beehive or PAC-1521 for duals.

Failure looks 45 degree off the ID. Looks like a faitgue failure that's surface initiated from overstress. There could also be an inclusion there, but without seeing the actual spring under a microscope it's hard to tell. Someone posted it failed from the OD which is wrong.

Well this comes as a disapointment to me given the Corvette is GM's flagship car. I have close to 200,000 miles on my cobra now and the valvetrain is all original. The LS motor is such a sweet platform for GM. I am surprised they had such an issue and not have a TSB.

Complaining about it is not going to fix it. Better to get some valvesprings on it so I do not risk losing a motor.

Well this comes as a disapointment to me given the Corvette is GM's flagship car. I have close to 200,000 miles on my cobra now and the valvetrain is all original. The LS motor is such a sweet platform for GM. I am surprised they had such an issue and not have a TSB.

Complaining about it is not going to fix it. Better to get some valvesprings on it so I do not risk losing a motor.

its not going to lose a motor, you dont drive it enough .... or at all :p

When are you coming back to visit us Doug? I want to hear all about the new ford pushrod motor. :)

Parents moved down to NC too so not anytime soon.

You'll be able to see that new motor debut at Talladega in a couple weeks. Complete with new valve springs I designed. My springs are also in our high rpm package next week at martinsville in our current engine.

Parents moved down to NC too so not anytime soon.

You'll be able to see that new motor debut at Talladega in a couple weeks. Complete with new valve springs I designed. My springs are also in our high rpm package next week at martinsville in our current engine.

Congrats on your Career. I think I would give the dyno to do what you do in a heartbeat. I am anxious to see these new motors hit the Ford Parts catalog in the next year or so. Time for Ford to offer the pushrod motor back in the mustang.

You'd give up one, but gain access to 8 different engine dynos and two chassis dynos. One being an AVL transient AC dyno that can simulate full race conditions down to bumps in the track, wheel spin, gear changes, and pit stops. I think there is a youtube video of it with one of our Grand am motors going around Daytona.

I don't think the new engine will hit the parts catalog until late next year. Almost nothing can be carried over from the current windsor based engine so it's very expensive to build.

I'm planning on getting a 2010 mustang in the next few months. Any idea how well the 3 valve responds to all the usual bolt ons?