Injector Help

LS_Sonoma

Will Ford Racing 30lb. injectors physicall fit the pigtails of a LS1 Harness?...I will have the computer tuned for them also. I can't think of anything else except impedance being a problem. I believe both the stockers and these are Low impedance.

Thanks

why would you only put in 30lb injectors? thats only 2 more than stock. not worth the money at all, even more so as the stock injectors in my vette went lean at high rpm STOCK! get yourself some 42lb injectors.

Good buddy pricing mostly and I dont have any at all as I am piecing this engine together...Srsly 42's for a mildly stock engine?

why would you only put in 30lb injectors? thats only 2 more than stock. not worth the money at all, even more so as the stock injectors in my vette went lean at high rpm STOCK! get yourself some 42lb injectors.

Ford Racing Fuel Injectors are rated at 39.15 psi.

LS1 Fuel Pressure is 4 Bar or 58 psi.

A 2002 Camaro has an injector flow rate of 28.7 at 100kpa (atomspheric pressure)

The following figures are for an N/A application with a BSFC of .5

24# Ford racing injectors in an LS1 application flow like 29.2 pound injectors. Good for about 373 rwhp (80% duty cycle)

30# Ford racing injectors in an LS1 application flow like 36.5 pound injectors. Good for about 467 rwhp (80% duty cycle)

42# Ford racing injectors in an LS1 application flow like 51.1 pound injectors. Good for about 654 rwhp (80% duty cycle)

The ford racing 30's are a popular swap for the LS1 crowd and will support an easy 450 rwhp providing the rest of fuel system is up to the task. I would say this is a good upgrade if the price is right.

30# Ford racing injectors in an LS1 application flow like 36.5 pound injectors. Good for about 467 rwhp (80% duty cycle)

The ford racing 30's are a popular swap for the LS1 crowd and will support an easy 450 rwhp providing the rest of fuel system is up to the task. I would say this is a good upgrade if the price is right.

I have the SVO 30lb injectors in my Camaro SS. With my combo, heads, cam and 75 Dry Shot I make 490 RWHP and my duty cycle is at 85%

Remember, boosted apps increase the duty cycle. I maxed out my 42s and had to move to 60s since the car sees 72psi of fuel pressure at WOT.

2 Reasons.

1st. We are not taking into account the hp needed to spin the blower

2nd. A/F's are a good 1 to 1.5 points richer with a blower.

Figure a .5 BSFC for N/A and a .6 or more BSFC for boosted applications.

So I agree there is a need for bigger injectors with a blower.