replacing weatherstripping

Slimpsy1647545505

I wanna get all new weatherstripping for the nova. . I'm wondering if this is a fairly simple process to do myself? I'll assume I just need to buy adhesive and a weatherstripping kit? Or do most kits come with adhesive? And what's the best way to remove the old?

Thanks!

Guest Removed

most old stuff will come right off......im doing the same with my car..

now the window stripping is a different story...(the stuff that goes along the door windows etc)... these normally need trimming on the nova kits(from what i have found anyway)

if you want, im sure i can handle it for you if you ever get the car to me..lol

X2 ^^ For my Dakota I just replace all the old crap, it came right off. I used a universal weather-stripping kit from AutoZone it actually worked really well. I used a little bit of silicone in to hold it in place, but all and all it was very simple, old stripping off, new stripping on.

I have done it a bunch of times. Its pretty easy to do. You can get the kits from Year One, Classic Industries or Summit. I know the Year One kits are pretty expensive but you can split them up to get whatever you need. I just seen the kits in the Summit catalog but have never used those.