Rays MTB Park November 7th

3.1cutlass

I think I may have bent my hanger or derailleur, had to adjust it quite a bit at the shifter part of the way through the day. Need to check that when I get a chance. I did definitely bend my brake lever and one of my seat rails. I've not broken that much on my bike in the few years I've ridden, but this is the second seat I've broken by bending the seat rail. Any bomb proof seats that you know of? I might just try to take the rail off, heat it up and bend it back, but I'm not sure if I trust that or not.

I think I may have bent my hanger or derailleur, had to adjust it quite a bit at the shifter part of the way through the day. Need to check that when I get a chance. I did definitely bend my brake lever and one of my seat rails. I've not broken that much on my bike in the few years I've ridden, but this is the second seat I've broken by bending the seat rail. Any bomb proof seats that you know of? I might just try to take the rail off, heat it up and bend it back, but I'm not sure if I trust that or not.

They are usually chromoly or steel so that should be fine. I would say to look at a more jumping or downhill seat. I have that bontager earl and it has an 8mm rail. Look for something like that with a thicker seat rail.

I'm also using the stock seat post and should probably change to something with longer channels for the rails. Pretty sure I remember this seat having chromly rails.

That could help as well. That seat i have hasnt bent yet in 2 years but it also had replaceable rails if i ever do bend it.