Chuck Liddell Knocks Out Kimbo Slice

HAOLE

thank you for this! I forgot how much i missed pride. Crazy things happen in the land of the rising sun!

The fact they allowed you to face stomp your opponent is tribute to the epic nature of Pride. Only in Japan could you get away with that. I guess that is the one nice thing about the UFC the rules save lives.

The fact they allowed you to face stomp your opponent is tribute to the epic nature of Pride. Only in Japan could you get away with that. I guess that is the one nice thing about the UFC the rules save lives.

THere's tradeoffs. You are not allowed to elbow a downed opponent in Pride. It's been awhile, I thought i could remember all the differences in rules off-hand, but it seems I cannot. There are a few other differences, as well. I really, really wish they'd use Pride scoring for rounds instead of a boxing based scoring system like they do in the US. It's fuckin stupid. Why don't we just score football and basketball the same way, too? Or judge wrestling and kickboxing the same? Makes as much sense.

THere's tradeoffs. You are not allowed to elbow a downed opponent in Pride. It's been awhile, I thought i could remember all the differences in rules off-hand, but it seems I cannot. There are a few other differences, as well. I really, really wish they'd use Pride scoring for rounds instead of a boxing based scoring system like they do in the US. It's fuckin stupid. Why don't we just score football and basketball the same way, too? Or judge wrestling and kickboxing the same? Makes as much sense.

Yeah Pride did have some rules that did suck. MMA is really trying to fix issues with socring based on some of the bad outcomes here in the past year or so. That is why the smart and quailty fighters do everything they can to finish a fight and keep it from going to the score cards.