Honda dyno tuning...

ICEMAN1647545504

I might do something very stupid and get a turbo Civic. The only reason I'm getting this thing is because it a very good deal and I'm trading some stuff I have no use for. Here is the problem... I know NOTHING about turbo Civics. Who can tune it for me (it has a base tune on it now)??? I was told that it has a Slowmotion built motor but I dont know for sure... Who works for Slowmotion on the board??? They are the first ones that I thought of taking this thing to but I would appreciate the help and getting me the scoop on this thing... Thank you...

DO NOT BUY A MODDED CIVIC! Buy a stock one and do it yourself. Modded civics are all abused.

I'll have less money in the car than the turbo cost that is on the car... I dont care if it has been throught hell and back... I'll do the same thing to it...

I'll have less money in the car than the turbo cost that is on the car... I dont care if it has been throught hell and back... I'll do the same thing to it...

That is fine. In regards to your previous post it sounds like he is using an ECU (i don't know what one) that was chipped and tuned. This is used a lot with swapped engines going from OBD 2 to 1 and etc.

That is fine. In regards to your previous post it sounds like he is using an ECU (i don't know what one) that was chipped and tuned. This is used a lot with swapped engines going from OBD 2 to 1 and etc.

It has a B18-something motor in it... I just need it tuned so I can take something to track day... I know he told me it has a base tune on 7psi making 286whp...

I think it's the B18-B1... But yet again I dont know shit about these cars...

B18B1

* NON-VTEC

* Found in:

o 1994-2001 Acura Integra "RS/LS/GS/SE" (DC4/DB7)

+ Displacement: 1,834 cc (111.9 cu in)

+ Compression: 9.2:1

+ Bore: 81 mm (3.2 in)

+ Stroke: 89 mm (3.5 in)

+ Rod Length:5.394in

+ Rod/Stroke Ratio: 1.54

+ Power: 142 hp (106 kW) @ 6300 rpm & 127 ft·lbf (172 N·m) @ 5200 rpm

+ Redline: 6900 rpm

+ Rev Limit: 7200 rpm

+ Transmission: Y80/S80

I am not totally sure but I think most honda ECUs can be "chipped" to be a valid ECU for any honda engine.

closet ricer..... :)

but those numbers sound good an a 35 r mmm takkkkkkkessss forrrreeevverrr tooo sppppolll thenn HOLY SHIT WOOOOOOOOO hahaha

an if ur gonna get it for stupid cheap then heck yea i woudl say take it to slowmo an im sure they can tell u all about the car if there the ones who worked on it

I was told it has a chip in it...

Someone correct me if I am wrong but that usually means something was soldered onto the ECU motherboard to allow someone to tune it with a computer for whatever means not OEM spec tune. What year is the honda you are buying? I am pretty sure any car made after 1996 is obd2. If the swapped engine was from 95 or older it the ECU must be chipped and tuned to obd1 to work right???

closet ricer..... :)

but those numbers sound good an a 35 r mmm takkkkkkkessss forrrreeevverrr tooo sppppolll thenn HOLY SHIT WOOOOOOOOO hahaha

an if ur gonna get it for stupid cheap then heck yea i woudl say take it to slowmo an im sure they can tell u all about the car if there the ones who worked on it

The boost controler is not hooked up and the spring in the gate at 7psi... spools about 5000... BTW it has a body kit on it too... I'm shopping for a wing... It's a 92 hatch... (no I'm not serious about a wing)

If it has Crome in it it has an obd1 ecu in it meaning 92-95 Civic/Integra ECU. If it has a basemap on it then I would drive it directly to a tuner and have it tuned. Basemap+boost=kaboom!! PM ef8sirjunkie his name is Steve Wilson and he works with Dynotune Motorsports. I would find out what all was done to the motor before cranking the boost up stupid high, if its a B18a/b they are known for weak rod bolts. If they have been upgraded with ARP's then your good to go. Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing

call slomo, if they built it, they will know everything about it and be able to give you a list of parts.

I wouldnt take it ANYWHERE else to be honest. Slomo is known for this stuff.

They were the first people to come to mind... I should have the car by the end of the week... I'll call them...