free dog

smokin5s

Doberman / Collie puppy. She's a VERY smart and loving dog. She just has ALOT of energy. We take her to the dog park every weekend and she will out run the Huskies. She is completely potty trained, and I can't express enough, she's VERY smart.

We got her from a shelter a few months ago and she really need someone that has time to work with her and has multiple dogs that she can play with. She loves to wrestle and get on furniture. (which having another dog to play with will help make her not as active or require as much playing on your part) She can however keep herself busy playing with toys (she loves pull and chew toys) Sometimes she does get agressive when playing and won't ever bite down hard, but does put your arms in her mouth. She's never viciously bit anyone or even clamped down when playing, but she does have that habbit that we are trying to break.

We don't need to get rid of her, but we feel we are doing her an injustice keeping her caged all day while at work and then at night when we go to bed. Our house is also sold next friday and unfortuatenly where we are going will make it difficult to keep her with as active as she is.

She's full grown and weights probably 35'ish pounds.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj196/smokin5s/Hailey.jpg?t=1255654457

I just rescued a 8 month old German Shepard/Huskie from Sisca and he has all of the same symptoms you are describing, including the "biting" never hard just to play. If anyone has any ideas to help this please chime in, and I hope you find a good home for your dog.

(Don't show this to the GF BTW lol, she will want your pup!) :D

Pretty dog. How do you know the mix? 35lbs full size just isn't a dobie/collie mix. Way too small. As far as biting when playing, they're dogs. :confused: They don't have hands. They grasp with their jaws. If you want them to stop, don't let them do it. They should understand, "No.", by now. But don't expect them to learn the first time you try. How old is she? She doesn't look very old. Like children, many times you gotta tell them more than once. It's all about repetition with a pet. Good luck with finding her a home, she looks like a sweet little puppah.

that's just what the pound told me.... there was a guy at the park the other day that has a dog that looks like her, that said he had the same mix, so I have a feeling we're on the right track as far as her heratage.

the "biting" isn't really the root problem, we were just thinking if we could find her a place that had land or another dog that she could play with, she would probably be alot happier. We understand she's a puppy and puppies do that. I'm more concerned that next friday, we will no longer be home owners and I don't know how long it will take to find another house (especially with a yard) that she can go run around in.

• 2 weeks later...
she chases cats... I don't know if she'd eat them or not, but I would be cautious until proven otherwise.... as far as being caged all day, quite possibly, but right now, we don't have much of a choice.

no, still haven't found her... we haven't given up hope and I've called every shelter in Morrow County asking them to keep an eye out for her. I'm starting to think someone took her out of our yard, there's no way that she could have jumped a 6 foot fence and everyone is swearing up and down that they had the gates closed.