Hennessey’s ZR1 LS9 V8-powered HPE700 Camaro on the dyno

SinisterSS

The nice thing is you can save yourself $90K and just do a Cam / Procharger install with a 10psi pulley and make more power from the stock LS3. We made 631whp on 8psi and with 2 more psi and meth the car should make 680+ hp at the wheels (We will find out for sure next week).

Don't get me wrong, the LS9 swap is cool, it is just a bit of over-kill if the goal is making power instead of simply being unique.

Jeff

The nice thing is you can save yourself $90K and just do a Cam / Procharger install with a 10psi pulley and make more power from the stock LS3. We made 631whp on 8psi and with 2 more psi and meth the car should make 680+ hp at the wheels (We will find out for sure next week).

Don't get me wrong, the LS9 swap is cool, it is just a bit of over-kill if the goal is making power instead of simply being unique.

Jeff

Werd. All I would really want is the wheels and chin spoiler.

I think he means, why not buy the V6 model instead of paying more for the SS if you're swapping the brakes and powertrain anyway.

I wouldn't buy Hennessey's car anyway. I would wait for GM to come out with the Z28.

I know what she's saying, but the Hennessey camaro's are not considered an SS model it is its own package and has a low production number of 24 cars and to my knowledge the Z28 isn't gonna be an LS9 if it gets the go ahead to be built, but it will carry a hefty price tag around 50k+ from what I hear, a 1SS is around 30k depending on options and dealer mark up, 2SS is around 33k depending on options and dealer mark up

I know what she's saying, but the Hennessey camaro's are not considered an SS model it is its own package and has a low production number of 24 cars and to my knowledge the Z28 isn't gonna be an LS9 if it gets the go ahead to be built, but it will carry a hefty price tag around 50k+ from what I hear, a 1SS is around 30k depending on options and dealer mark up, 2SS is around 33k depending on options and dealer mark up

Correct, to a point, I think. The Hennessey "model" isn't a factory model. He needs a donor car from the factory, which sounds like he builds his "HPE700" off of a SS model, not a V6.