Who Has Experience With Exhaust Cutouts?

SicShelby

I have debated this for a while, but I am going to weld some cutouts post-cat in the GT500 next year. I thought about electric cutouts but a friend of mine mentioned that the motors were prone to burning out because of the heat.

Is that true? And what brand (both electric and manual) has the best rep? Thanks... Gabe

The first QTP I had the motor burned out after 4 months. I fixed it about 6 times over the next 6 more months before it died completely. The one I have now has been fine for about a year and a half but you can tell the motor is getting weak. My review is mixed for them...

Riddle me this.............. Shouldnt you be making love to a silverado in some dark garage?

I gain about 15-20whp and a sound that causes boners with mine open... but then again I have a lame muffler...

BTW, I quoted the wrong post. Its funny though so I'll leave it.

to piss of the neighbors, people on the freeway and small town law enforcement that can never find that loud car , but always hear.

Lol, that about sums it up. Basically a "muffler delete" that you can shut up if need be.

I think I'm going to run manual cutouts - the reliability of electric ones just doesn't seem like something that I want to deal with.

I'll make sure they are stainless and weld them in.

We just put some on the super snake we had here. I will try and post up some photos of the them, and then the dyno videos.

No matter what company you buy from plan on refurbishing them every 10k miles or so.

-Brandon

I would be VERY interested in those pictures. :nod: And "refurbished" meaning clean them up or "refurbish" like renovate/replace?

I would be VERY interested in those pictures. :nod: And "refurbished" meaning clean them up or "refurbish" like renovate/replace?

Like send them back and have them rebuilt :)

I will try and get the pictures onto flickr, tomorrow Monday to host