Einstien violated

Science Abuse

There were a couple folks some years back who claimed to have a bigfoot carcass in a freezer. Lots of noise was made, and it turns out they made the statements to get their names in the news.

A balloon was purposefully released from a home ...

Well ... you get where I am going. Though if there is proof of said breaking the speed of the light, I will be genuinely excited.

The objects were "up to 3 ft apart" and the speed of light 186,000 mph. To any person watching, it sure as shit would seem "instantanious." I'm not a believer.

Um, you think they were using the Mk1 eyeball to measure the speed of photons?

I'd say they probably have something a little tiny bit miscalibrated.

The objects were "up to 3 ft apart" and the speed of light 186,000 mph. To any person watching, it sure as shit would seem "instantanious." I'm not a believer.

You fail Einstein. Speed of light is roughly 186,000 miles per second, not hour.

Anyhow, to put the following sarcastic statement into perspective:

Um, you think they were using the Mk1 eyeball to measure the speed of photons?

and keeping this Imperial, because fuck the Metric system.

186,000mile/sec = 982,080,000 ft/sec

3ft / 982,080,000ft = 3.054 x 10e-9... or .000000003054 seconds for light to cover those 3 ft.

It's generally accepted we have a cognitive eye reception time of ~0.1 seconds. Meaning it takes us 0.1 seconds to realize what we saw. So in those 0.1 seconds, light would travel a certain distance that we can calculate.

982,080,000 x .1 = 98208000 ft. (distance light travels in 0.1s)

98208000 / 3ft = 32,736,000 (how many times light will travel those 3ft from prizm to prizm)

So, in the .1 seconds it takes for us to "see" light travel from one prizm to the next (if we could see that), the light would actually travel back and forth from prizm to prizm almost 33 thousand times.

For proof:

.1 second / .000000003054 seconds = 32,743,942 which is roughly 32,736,000. Deviation allowed due to approximate speed of light used.

I think it's time we upgrade to MkII eyeballs, cause there is no way in hell we could possibly ever see that. :lol:

Im no expert, but it seems intresting to think about like this.... If your throw a baseball 50mph, then lets say you're in a car... traveling 50mph, and throw said baseball, now the ball is going 100mph... right???

Now lets say you're traveling in a spaceship at the speed of light, 186,000 miles per sec. what happens if you turn on a flashlight? does the light from you're light double it's speed?

Im no expert, but it seems intresting to think about like this.... If your throw a baseball 50mph, then lets say you're in a car... traveling 50mph, and throw said baseball, now the ball is going 100mph... right???

Now lets say you're traveling in a spaceship at the speed of light, 186,000 miles per sec. what happens if you turn on a flashlight? does the light from you're light double it's speed?

Simple.

A baseball's speed is variable, and relative to the speed of what you're standing on when you throw it. However, you can't throw it faster than the speed of light, or if you could, you wouldn't know as you wouldn't be able to see it.

Light is a constant C, and does not vary. It also is independent of what you're taking the relative measurement from. So whether you're traveling a million miles per second, or 5 miles per second, light itself will always travel at 186,000 miles per second.

Also, in terms of your baseball example. If you're in a car and throw the ball, you should be comparing the speed of the ball to the speed of the car since that is the medium from which the ball is projected from relatively. Not the ground the car is driving on. However, speed is usually based on relativity to the ground since that is our earthly constant from which most things originate from.

:)

I believe that is correct, because the ball would be thrown relative to the speed of what's throwing it.

No, because it is believed that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light. On top of that, according to Einstein, nothing with mass(i.e. your spaceship or your flashlight) can travel the speed of light.