1999 Buell X1 Lightning / 1985 Yamaha FJ

Disclaimer

My dad wants to part with the Lightning. I told him I'd post it on here on a wild shot someone actually wants one of these things.

Less than 5,000 miles (I think).

Pretty much as received from the factory, except for a new rear tire and new battery.

He's asking $6000 firm, or he'll just ride it until it falls apart (which won't be for at least another 12,000 miles - Harley tough, right?) :grin:

picture.php?albumid=107&pictureid=1216

picture.php?albumid=107&pictureid=1215

picture.php?albumid=107&pictureid=1214

picture.php?albumid=107&pictureid=1213

picture.php?albumid=107&pictureid=1212

picture.php?albumid=107&pictureid=1194

picture.php?albumid=107&pictureid=1192

picture.php?albumid=107&pictureid=1191

Ohh, the 1985 FJ is also for sale... but I don't know what my brother wants for it (I thought he said $1600). He just picked up a Hayabusa, so he doesn't ride the FJ anymore. I don't have anymore pictures of the FJ, but I could get my brother to send me some along with more info on what hes done/replaced on it (I thought it got a new rear tire the same time as the Buell did, just FYI) if anyone is interested.

Random coincidence... Kosmo had a pic of the bike my brother picked up.

picture.php?albumid=52&pictureid=785

album.php?albumid=52&pictureid=785

Saw that in his album last week. LOVE that green.....It pops. Unusual on a 'Busa. Subtle flames w/ matching screen, shorty pipes, matching custom seat

Forks & rims chromed or polished? Is that swingarm stretched a bit?

I'd be afraid to ride that thing! Trailer queen?

Edited by Fonzie

The Buell is listed on Cleveland, Columbus, Mansfield craigslists and here.

Bad Weather bikers... never heard of it (unless you're yankin' my crank). I'll check it out, but I don't want to get the treatment we give the noobs here for going in, signing up, and the first post is trying to hock bikes.

Saw that in his album last week. LOVE that green.....It pops. Unusual on a 'Busa. Subtle flames w/ matching screen, shorty pipes, matching custom seat

Forks & rims chromed or polished? Is that swingarm stretched a bit?

I'd be afraid to ride that thing! Trailer queen?

In person, the green is a lot less cool. And it's got some minor cosmetic imperfections, but I nitpick. I'll tell you what though, it's basically got an open header. That MF'er is LOUD.

No, the only reason my brother bought it is that it was a killer deal and to race it.

The guy still had the whole factory set of bodywork including the stock tank - so the bike can go back to being black whenever. Extra stock forks, extra stock header, chrome and billet everything. 40 shot of nitrous, swingarm extensions, PC3, 11k miles. I consulted my brother on it before he bought it, and like I said - KILLER deal.