Ford guys again

Sam1647545489

I've made 570/700 through a stock 65mm throttle body. On a turbo car you can make a LOT of power, I dont think the throttle body would be the restriction. The turbo was my limiting factor (64mm).

I am pretty sure the block is more of a limit than tb under boost but dynobrian or mike ward might shed more light than I

It can be any combo of block, pistons, heads whatever, just has to have less then a 70mm Throttle body. I am saying 700hp is doable, friend does not believe me.

I'd bet that my car with a 60mm throttle body would make over 600rwhp through a C4. I'd be pretty confident. If not then turning up the boost would do it. I don't see it being a limiting factor. more pressure = more cfm through the same oppening.

Though Mike Ward or Dyno Brian might know better than me...

At some point heat (intake charge) whould be a limit I think but 700 is probably not far fetched

W/A intercooler? Heat wouldnt be an issue any more than with any other FI car. It wouldnt be hotter because of a smaller throttle body. There would be a large pressure drop accross the throttle body at some point. I run a 90mm throttle body for better air distribution in the plenum, otherwise I'd still be running a 70mm throttle body.

I never had my truck on the dyno with the 76mm turbo, but it trapped 4mph faster than when it made 570, an that was only at 14psi. If I was running the same 17psi I was with the 64mm turbo it would have been MUCH higher. That was with a 65mm throttle body, a GT40 intake, and stock GT40 heads. I wasnt limited by anything other than the presssure I was running. Sure, it would have made a lot more with better parts, but I also could have made a lot more with what I had.

Guest Removed

with a boss block, and a 65mm tb...shit..i have seen guys go from 90mm back to 75mm due to tip in hesitation issues, and still make upwards of 800hp at the wheels.

go on turbo forums, you'll find this answer much faster..lol

Guest Removed

yep a little 352 small block with a 325 shot.......ran a best of 8.70@158 cutting 1.3 60' times..with a 75 tb..lmao

its a renegade class car...and the cam is small at like .555 lift or something like that.