DE-OXY-DOES-IT for a chain?

Random Negro

replace it.

you should be cleaning/lubing your chain every 500 miles, and every time you hit rain/puddles to prevent this.

I don't think you need to replace it necessarily just because it has some rust. Depends on how bad the rust is tho. The best cleaner you can use is kerosene and a toothbrush then slap some maxima chain wax on. No fling with the chain wax!

I use Maxima Chain Wax too. It is pretty good stuff, but the left half of my rear wheel begs to differ about the no-fling bit :p

maybe youre putting on too much? ive NEVER had it fling wax on my wheel. i used to use that spray wax from dupont and that shit flung everywhere

Even chain saw oil works great. But it will fling off. I started using DuPont spray Teflon. The type that drys like a wax. Big cans from Lowes. Weird, but I swear the chain is very very quiet with that on it.

btw, for any mud-runners out there. Spray your wheel wells with the Teflon spray. The mud won't stick as much.

I'm a PJ1 blue label fan....clear and sticky...and you won't look like a dbag waxing your chain.. :nono:

http://www.ironpony.com/ironponydirect/product.asp/ImageName/PJ1-BLUE.jpg/Brand/PJ1/Class2/Chemicals/Class3/Chain%20Lube/Class1/STREET%20PRODUCTS

I use the PJ1 last year and like it. Ran out and went to Suzuki and bought their chain lube and it was absolutely horrible. I need to go out and get some more PJ1 and get rid of the Zuki crap. What a waste of money:mad:

I use the PJ1 last year and like it. Ran out and went to Suzuki and bought their chain lube and it was absolutely horrible. I need to go out and get some more PJ1 and get rid of the Zuki crap. What a waste of money:mad:

Used the suzuki stuff on my 1st bike, and my rear wheel, swingarm, and exhaust looked like hot-buttered azz!!! That stuff flung everywhere!

Now I'm ALL ABOUT some Motorex Chain Cleaner 611, and Honda chain lube.