Hangovers blow

AWW$HEEET

Yup, but I out grew that kind of shit. Getting drunk is all in the planning and preparation. Carefull planning ahead of time to hydrate and get some good vitamins (5 hour energy works good for me) and then have time to sleep after the fact will reduce or eliminate all forms of a hangover. I haven't had a hangover in a long time, and it's not like I haven't had some instances of being a blackout drunk.

Ever had a hangover so bad your teeth felt like they were going to fall out?

Drink more water between drinks. Drink 2 beers then 1 bottle water. Then repeat.

Or drink liquor mixed with ice water and lime juice. I can drink vodka or gin with ice water and limes all night. No hangover the next day from this.

Ever had a hangover so bad your teeth felt like they were going to fall out?

Dehydration plays a mojor roll in hangovers. Always drink some water while you are drinking. When you are done drinking, drink more water and take a couple of aspirin/tylenol. If you do not drink water and take the aspirin before bed, you are guaranteeing a headache.

The sour stomach is usually caused by gas and excess stomach acid. I almost always eat a solid meal and then take a Zantac before going out.

And yes, age plays a significant roll in it as well. Most predominately with draft beer. When you are 16-24 your body can process the alcohol and other "toxins" quickly. As you age your metabolism slows.

So what does this have to do with beer? Keg/Draft Beer is unpasteurized and carries impurities. These will magnify the effects of a hangover by further taxing your liver and kidneys. The tannins in red wine have the same effect, but also magnify the headache as well.

Vodka is the purest alcohol, and if consumed in equal quantities (alcohol by volume) as beer, Wine, Bourbon, etc., the hangover will be markedly milder.

Dehydration plays a mojor roll in hangovers. Always drink some water while you are drinking. When you are done drinking, drink more water and take a couple of aspirin/tylenol. If you do not drink water and take the aspirin before bed, you are guaranteeing a headache.

The sour stomach is usually caused by gas and excess stomach acid. I almost always eat a solid meal and then take a Zantac before going out.

And yes, age plays a significant roll in it as well. Most predominately with draft beer. When you are 16-24 your body can process the alcohol and other "toxins" quickly. As you age your metabolism slows.

So what does this have to do with beer? Keg/Draft Beer is unpasteurized and carries impurities. These will magnify the effects of a hangover by further taxing your liver and kidneys. The tannins in red wine have the same effect, but also magnify the headache as well.

Vodka is the purest alcohol, and if consumed in equal quantities (alcohol by volume) as beer, Wine, Bourbon, etc., the hangover will be markedly milder.

mojor?

And you call yourself the grammer nazi. At least you dont call yourself the spelling nazi.

edit?: but thank you for the insightful and very helpful post.