Anyone have a UEGO or other WB that uses the bosch LSU4.2?

Cereal_Killer

I am having some troubles with my truck recently and one of them is that my WB is contradicting my NB and my fuel trim, its reading 18+ AFR when the NB is reading 700+mV and fuel trim is pulling fuel, the plugs read okay and it seems like it wold be popping out the intake at 18+AFR.

I'm trying to find someone that uses the same sensor so I could bring them my sensor and have them put it in their car and see how it reads. Let me know if your down, I will come to you.

The sensor has only been in the exhaust for about 5k miles with regular fuel and I have taken it out to look at it and its not too sooted up or anything, I cleaned it up and put it back and still the same thing.

Edited by Cereal_Killer

A rule of thumb is that if BOTH stock 02's agree, are within 5% or so of each other, and OFF from the wideband by a large margin, than the wideband would be suspect. The Bosch sensor is a good sensor however. I have a wideband that uses one. Now, if the stock 02's are in the header and the wideband is downstream in the H/X/Y pipe an exhaust leak, or being behind a cat, could cause some issues.

Unlike the NTK sensors (which are better) when the LSU fails it starts to drift lean. The NTK's typically just fail.

Try another sensor. They are ~$50 at advanced auto. Some widebands do not control the heater well and will kill sensors in shorter than expected intervals.

What kind of controller is it?