Fedor Tonight on CBS

wagner

Truth Mir caught him in an amazing heel lock. I want to see him fight Mir agian

You know just as well as I do that the Mir fight would end with him getting his face bashed in again. I think the best matchup would be Cain Velasquez. Carwin is my dude but he will get stomped too.

You know just as well as I do that the Mir fight would end with him getting his face bashed in again. I think the best matchup would be Cain Velasquez. Carwin is my dude but he will get stomped too.

Yes but it would shut a bunch of people up if Mir got his face beat in again.

Big Nog will be the best challenge for Brock. Just because of the experience that Nog has but that won't win the fight.

This is all dependent on if Brock can recover from Mono and did not damage his body to much from training while havig it.

Somebody is going to have to really try and give Brock a good shot the face, that might be the only way to beat him is to catch him and hit him hard. The downside to that is you will have to expose yourself to throw that punch and as quick as Brock is that could end bad. Ask Heath Hearing or Frank Mir how that ends...

That is the great part of MMA there is never a lock. I am not a nutswingar but Brock has damn good game and anybody can lose on any given saturday night

Nutswinger. Anyone who bashes Fedor and caresses Brock the way you do is a nut swinger. :p;)

Brock has no game but size and speed. Is he getting better? Yes. I will give you that. Can he beat Fedor? Anyone has the chance, but he will lose most of the time. YOu forget Fedor is used to fighting very big people in heavyweight and the UFC and their fighters aren't the only fighting business in existence. You think Fedor struggled? He won early in the second round against a much larger, unbeaten opponent. Woulda, shoulda, coulda, doesn't work for me. And ifyou want him to face UFC opponents, then kindly remind Dana White and Zoofa that the UFC is only a promotional business and to stop trying to monopolize the business before he ruins it.

PS: This wasn't all directed at you, Wagner, though it may seem like it. :) I'm just venting. lol

And ifyou want him to face UFC opponents, then kindly remind Dana White and Zoofa that the UFC is only a promotional business and to stop trying to monopolize the business before he ruins it.

Laughable.

Boxing, yes. UFC, yes. NFL, yes. NBA, yes. NBL, yes.

Affliction, no. Arena Football, no. XFL, no.

See the trend? People spend money on the real, viable leagues, not the shitty spinoffs with B level players. Monopoly? Hardly.

Nutswinger. Anyone who bashes Fedor and caresses Brock the way you do is a nut swinger. :p;)

Brock has no game but size and speed. Is he getting better? Yes. I will give you that. Can he beat Fedor? Anyone has the chance, but he will lose most of the time. YOu forget Fedor is used to fighting very big people in heavyweight and the UFC and their fighters aren't the only fighting business in existence. You think Fedor struggled? He won early in the second round against a much larger, unbeaten opponent. Woulda, shoulda, coulda, doesn't work for me. And ifyou want him to face UFC opponents, then kindly remind Dana White and Zoofa that the UFC is only a promotional business and to stop trying to monopolize the business before he ruins it.

PS: This wasn't all directed at you, Wagner, though it may seem like it. :) I'm just venting. lol

Brock has not had to really show his game yet. I want to seem him struggle in a fight to see what he is made of and if he is the real deal. Look at the second Mir fight he had a great plan and shut down what Mir is good at, his ground game.

If Brock gets good on the ground he really could hurt people but now he is doing what Metalica should have done, sticking with what you are good at.

As far as the Fedor Rogers fight I was more impressed with Rogers. Again a big guy that punches good but he does not have a ground game and that is what cost him that fight. When he had Fedor down it looked like he was not comfortable there and that is what cost him the fight. He had the chance to finish him, did not and look what happened.

I will credit Fedor for eating a bunch of punches and then making a great move in the second. Overall I was not impressed with the win, as good as he was built to be and as bad as Rogers was supposed to be that fight should have been over in the first.

Oh, and I can't goddamn stand Jake Shields.

Quoted for truth he got lucky there. Miller did everything he could to lose that fight and should be pissed at himself and not the judges. NEVER let it go to the judges

Brock has not had to really show his game yet. I want to seem him struggle in a fight to see what he is made of and if he is the real deal. Look at the second Mir fight he had a great plan and shut down what Mir is good at, his ground game.

If Brock gets good on the ground he really could hurt people but now he is doing what Metalica should have done, sticking with what you are good at.

As far as the Fedor Rogers fight I was more impressed with Rogers. Again a big guy that punches good but he does not have a ground game and that is what cost him that fight. When he had Fedor down it looked like he was not comfortable there and that is what cost him the fight. He had the chance to finish him, did not and look what happened.

I will credit Fedor for eating a bunch of punches and then making a great move in the second. Overall I was not impressed with the win, as good as he was built to be and as bad as Rogers was supposed to be that fight should have been over in the first.

Quoted for truth he got lucky there. Miller did everything he could to lose that fight and should be pissed at himself and not the judges. NEVER let it go to the judges

fedor is good but that doesnt mean he is going to knock out or submit everyone in the first 5 seconds of the fight.

not only did rogers have the reach advantage on fedor but also the weight and probably strength. but where fedor capitalizes is technique, patients and lots of experience.

as far is rogers finishing fedor on the ground....well he attempted to but fedor got out of it by grabbing his arm and almost putting him into an arm bar.

fedor is good but that doesnt mean he is going to knock out or submit everyone in the first 5 seconds of the fight.

not only did rogers have the reach advantage on fedor but also the weight and probably strength. but where fedor capitalizes is technique, patients and lots of experience.

as far is rogers finishing fedor on the ground....well he attempted to but fedor got out of it by grabbing his arm and almost putting him into an arm bar.

No but this was built as he was going to end this in the first round by all the "experts" type thing.

Yes Rogers had a nice size advantage and he could have used it better.

Yes Fedor did get out of that by going for an armbar, on a guy who has been pro for about 5 months. This is why I am not impressed by this fight.

You know what I saw? A figther who is very good at taking some shots and taking advantage of a lack of experience from his opponent. Not this crushing fighter that is he was built to be.

I got kind of curious so I went back and checked out Fedors "big fights" and the MO seems to be the same. Take damage and wait for a mistake. He did this against both Cro Cop and Nogera.

Yes Fedor did win these fights but how much was luck he did not get KO'd or the fact his a freak when it comes to taking damage?

Point is he can't keep living on this because his luck will run out in a bad way. Hell Arvloski was giving him problems until that ill advised flying knee.

You know what I saw? A figther who is very good at taking some shots and taking advantage of a lack of experience from his opponent. Not this crushing fighter that is he was built to be.

i guess im just confused on what you wanted to see out of fedor in that fight. did you want to just see fedor throw the guy out of the ring or maybe have fedor fight with a blind fold on? fedor did what he needed to do and that was to win the fight.

if you put a guy that is lb for lb the same as fedor, than maybe you would have seen the "big" hype. but because of roger's shear size, its not like fedor can just throw him around like a rag doll.

fedor's hype was built around him being able to take hits and always come through, not about throwing his opponents from one side of the ring to the other.

I was expecting what you see out of a true pound for pound champ. A dominate fight against a lesser opponent. Look at GSP, BJ Penn, or Anderson Silva they eat people up and hardly get hit let alone see them in trouble.

You are correct he did win but just not what I was expecting at all.

Guest slow f23
i was actually impressed with fedor.. breaking his nose what 10 seconds in to the fight? he seemed fine.. unphased almost. he was 4 inches smaller, and 40 pounds lighter.

Laughable.

Boxing, yes. UFC, yes. NFL, yes. NBA, yes. NBL, yes.

Affliction, no. Arena Football, no. XFL, no.

See the trend? People spend money on the real, viable leagues, not the shitty spinoffs with B level players. Monopoly? Hardly.

I think I understand what you're saying. However, maybe you aren't completely up to speed on how the UFC handles the contracts and the many stipulations required within. Not to mention how they've handled some of their 'takeovers'. I'm not saying the UFC hasn't done an incredible job bringing MMA into the limelight here in the US and now other places, i'm just saying too much power is never good and they're using it to their advantage. I could go on about a few other things that would guarantee to bother you, but just don't want to get into that heavily here. Basically, I'm too lazy to type anymore than this, now. :)

I think I understand what you're saying. However, maybe you aren't completely up to speed on how the UFC handles the contracts and the many stipulations required within. Not to mention how they've handled some of their 'takeovers'. I'm not saying the UFC hasn't done an incredible job bringing MMA into the limelight here in the US and now other places, i'm just saying too much power is never good and they're using it to their advantage. I could go on about a few other things that would guarantee to bother you, but just don't want to get into that heavily here. Basically, I'm too lazy to type anymore than this, now. :)

UFC heavy handed yes BUT they have kept it from becoming the mess that boxing is. If you are the best you go to the UFC. Strikeforce could become good but their pockets are not deep eough. Anything else is almost like a minor league to get yout one of these two.

There is not multiple organizations like in boxing and you really can't duck someone like you can in boxing.

The only wild card is Japan but they have their own thing going over there and they don't roid test so it is hard to tell how good someone really is that is "good" over there.

pretty good video done by showtime before the fight illustrating both fedor and rogers

There is a really good movie about Fedor something like the last emperor or something like that. I just saw the teaser from when he fought cro cop that was pretty good.

I did see that Cain and Big Nog are set for UFC 108. That could be an epic battle to see who will fight carwin or lesnar when that fight happens.

There is a really good movie about Fedor something like the last emperor or something like that. I just saw the teaser from when he fought cro cop that was pretty good.

I did see that Cain and Big Nog are set for UFC 108. That could be an epic battle to see who will fight carwin or lesnar when that fight happens.

Whats all happening with the carwin and lesnar fight, i keep on seeing the promotion for it on tv for ufc 106 but i keep on reading that lesnar cant fight due to being sick.

Whats all happening with the carwin and lesnar fight, i keep on seeing the promotion for it on tv for ufc 106 but i keep on reading that lesnar cant fight due to being sick.

They thought lesnar had h1n1 but he has mono and while he was trying to train through it he might have really damaged his body.

Now the headline for 106 is Tito vs Forest 2 and I hope forest beats his bitch ass, a lot