Scary night for the Weaver family...

ChevyMan1972

Everyone,

Just a little update, trying to keep this short.

Left to take my kids home to their mother, on the way Dad was taking the bike up for storage for the winter (98 Fatboy Harley), at dusk 6:00 PM. Sitting there waiting for him to show up, and my phone ring's...

"Dad" Hey son, call Cheeseman's towing, to come pick up the bike, I have a broken leg, squad is here to take me to the hospital. A deer ran into my side and I could not put weight on my leg and dumped my bike...

At this point I did not know what to say....They took dad up to St. Ann's hospital, after I picked up the bike with tow truck (Bike is not in that bad of shape) but Dad's leg is broken both bones between the knee and ankle. Dad said after he got the bike stopped and tried to put weight on the left leg his leg buckled backward and fell down with the bike on top of him (non pipe side left). Dad was supposed to leave tomorrow for Vegas to pick up the race team (Head racing) and drive over to Pomona CA, for the winter nationals this comming weekend...I think he is done racing for the rest of the year... (Last update) 3:00 am Monday...they were going to put pin's in his leg to keep the bones together and heal...

Good luck Dad....to a speedy recovery. Dad is 60 years old :(

Dan..

My mom fell off a ladder at the beginning of summer and broke her leg. After two poorly done surgeries, she finally found a surgeon that was actually worth a damn that was able to do a third surgery to fix the first two. Make sure your dad is seeing the best doctor's possible, don't want him to go through what my mom did.

pm me the surgeon's name--i know all of them at st annes.

people love to blame the surgeon when they don't heal, or make a complete recovery. they don't realize that some damage is irreversible, and the surgery is only one aspect of their recovery.

if your dad's a smoker, now is the time to quit.

this fracture takes 5-6 months to fully recover from, although he will be puting weight on it much sooner, if he isn't already.

hope he has a speedy recovery