9.7 Compression, built motor, too much for boost?

BDHG940

I just bought a set of pistons and I really dont know how to calculate compression but the guy was saying 9:1 and now telling me 9.7:1 after I bought them. They are CP aluminum forged from Saleen used in the s/c cars. Is that going to be too much for 12-14psi of boost?

Guest tbutera2112
I just bought a set of pistons and I really dont know how to calculate compression but the guy was saying 9:1 and now telling me 9.7:1 after I bought them. They are CP aluminum forged from Saleen used in the s/c cars. Is that going to be too much for 12-14psi of boost?

i thought saleen supercharged cars used the stock rods and just slapped a blower on the cars? prettttttty positive...unless you mean theyre from a 3v, and then i have no idea...

Right I know ideal would have been 8.5-9:1 but thats what I thought it was at first. I just didnt know if I should list the pistons back up because I got a good deal and just didnt want to pass. Then come to find out they werent exactly what I was told. I would plan for race gas as this would be for my notch, not the cobra

I just have stock cams, didnt really plan on changing them out. Whats your thought on that?

Depending what size MM headgaskets your going to be using will play a big role. Depending on what I have milled from my head and block , I use what compession the piston , and subtract from the mill and also the headgasket size. the headgaskets can be bought from 0.8mm 1mm 1.4mm 1.8mm ect.

i was going to say gaskets will drop it too. and you could get away with some 114 at the 15lb boost level. 116 if you want to kill it though. or e85 if it wasent too much to convert your car. so far the most power ive seen was 1700 whp on it. at the dynomax pump gas dyno challenge