People looking at Jailbreaking their iPhone...

Rally Pat

You might find this a good explanation of why we do it, and a good example of how easy it is to do.

http://revision3.com/appjudgment/ip_mau_jailbreak

It is nothing to be scared of, and if you want help with it, there are lots of us on here that have jailbroken phones and iPods.

well if its a brand new 3gs check your bootrom as more than likely it will be a newer one that prevents it. You can still jailbreak it but just dont let it die or restart otherwise you will have to have your pc and blackra1n to jb again. most made after week 41 have seemed to have the new bootrom

Do they have a Jailbreak for phones that came preloaded with OS 3.1 yet? When I got mine a couple of months ago there was still no options? Haven't looked around since.

Yes, that has been out for months. Just follow the tutorial in that video and use Blackra1n.

My 3gs came preloaded with 3.1 and JB'ed easily.

Yes, that has been out for months. Just follow the tutorial in that video and use Blackra1n.

My 3gs came preloaded with 3.1 and JB'ed easily.

I'll need to look around then. I only got mine ~45 days ago and at that time the only jailbreak I could find for a 3.1 phone was if the phone was originally loaded with 3.0 to begin with. I lost interest and never got back around to looking more.

Andy

the ipa's are saved to your PC mine are in the My Documents\My Music\iTunes\Mobile Applications folder. To sync them you have to have a jailbroken phone (duh) and a program called appsync installed on the phone in order to add the ipa's that you didnt buy in the app store

Here is the link just download extract and add to your Apps and sync

http://www.shweet.org/CR/TomTom.US-Canada.1.1.rar

1.2 is out now.

TomTom released update 1.2 for their navigation application

. The new version has a couple of great improvements to keep the map-database up-to-date. So the maps and POI’s have been updated. Another great new feature

is the addition of Lane Assistant.

The Lane Assistant is the most important change in this update. While driving on the Highway, the screen will show an image every now and then. This image shows on which side of the road you have to drive to keep following the route. This way it is harder to drive into the wrong direction.

* Text to speech: the app can now read the street names and village and city names

* iPod buttons

: you can now listen to your music via the TomTom application

* Help me: the main menu now has a button ‘Help Me’. Via this submenu it is possible to quickly navigate to a doctor, garage or shop.