RWD-4dr-Manual-<$10k-?

Bam

There's a reason 10 year old BMWs and 10 year old Civics cost the same even though the BMW was more than twice as much when new. As long as you understand and accept that reason and plan accordingly for future expenses, then I'd say go for it.

the reliability of the BMW inline 6 engine (sohc and dohc) is phenomenal.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At somewhere north of four hundred thousand miles :)

Sure, if every inline six was limited to 150hp and 5000 rpms it would last forever. The guys that make power (m3's, M5's, etc) seem to have an awful lot of bearing and rod failures. What's that about? At least their engine blocks aren't deteriorating anymore like the older V8's or whichever one that was. Goooooood work BMW.

Okay. Google BMW rod failure and tell me you don't get SCADS or stock BMW's throwing rods and eating bearings at moderate (150k) mileage. Shoot, anyone who remembers the loads of M3's that self-destructed when they hit 8000rpm's would know exactly what I'm talking about. They tried really hard to fix it with that whole progressive redline thing.

FOUND ONE!!!

03 cts, manual w/ only 72k miles for under $9k at a dealer. Wish they were open today but I will be there first thing tomorrow.

Anyone know of any issues w/ the CTS models? It says 0-60 is 6.5seconds so its not fast but not horrible either.

Funny thing is this is nearly the identical price as the Mazda6's I've been looking at, same year/miles/price for a mazda and a cadillac, what should that mean to me?