The gun of Rambo

Scotty2Hotty

How many RPM can that can handle? I would hate for it to melt after a decent burst or 5....

KillJoy

They did a torture test of a 750 round continued burst. Realistically, the M60 was really good for 600 RPM. The more you fire on the same barrel, the rate of fire will decrease with carbon build up on the gas tube. I know the M240B was the same way. I have yet to see an M240 cut down for a particular use by SOCOM/Conventional forces yet.

How many RPM can that can handle? I would hate for it to melt after a decent burst or 5....

KillJoy

I forgot to add the Mk48 demon child

http://www.navytimes.com/xml/news/2008/04/navy_monsoormedal_040808w/031708nt_monsoorm_800.JPG

It's being used in Afghan-Land as we speak. A 7.62X51mm NATO version of the M249 SAW.

They aren't firing sub-sonic rounds, so you are hearing the rounds breaking the sound barrier still.

Plus the gas venting, and the bolt and action working. The only really QUIET weapon I've heard was a suppressed Russian Nagant revolver. It sounded very much like a pellet gun, except for the loud click of the hammer striking the primer.

Plus the gas venting, and the bolt and action working. The only really QUIET weapon I've heard was a suppressed Russian Nagant revolver. It sounded very much like a pellet gun, except for the loud click of the hammer striking the primer.

I've shot an H&K23 with subsonic rounds and an AAC supressor on it, it's pretty damn quiet. I did get a chance to shoot the volquartsen Mark III Ruger, and enjoyed it.

But for a belt-fed machine gun for on ground support, that is capable to be handled by one man, it is impressive. There are a few times in Iraq we could've employed something like that, instead of our M249 SAW's.