92 Celica GT, wont start

AWW$HEEET

So I was driving along, and this thing just dies on me. CEL comes on, as well as battery light. I replace the cap and rotor just for shits, and that does not work. I go to pick and pull looking for a distributor, but the mexicans had jacked them all. I was also looking for an ignitor (i believe this is the ignition module), and in the spirit of rebelling against the mexicans, I bought every toyota ignition module I could find in the yard. (Advanced Auto wanted $185 for one, I bought 5 for $53)

I plugged one into the car, and it started right up and I even drove 5 miles on it before it just died on me. Im now at a loss for what to do, because I think this is some sort of wiring gremlin. Anyone had this same sort of problem? Im thinking of trying another module, checking the connections, and swapping back to the old cap and rotor. Any advice is appreciated.

Gabe

So I was driving along, and this thing just dies on me. CEL comes on, as well as battery light. I replace the cap and rotor just for shits, and that does not work. I go to pick and pull looking for a distributor, but the mexicans had jacked them all. I was also looking for an ignitor (i believe this is the ignition module), and in the spirit of rebelling against the mexicans, I bought every toyota ignition module I could find in the yard. (Advanced Auto wanted $185 for one, I bought 5 for $53)

I plugged one into the car, and it started right up and I even drove 5 miles on it before it just died on me. Im now at a loss for what to do, because I think this is some sort of wiring gremlin. Anyone had this same sort of problem? Im thinking of trying another module, checking the connections, and swapping back to the old cap and rotor. Any advice is appreciated.

Gabe

1: If I recall theose did have dist problems and is probably your cause... check and see if you can get it started if you continue to have spark..

But I would say this is your cause...

2: why did you buy them all lol I would ahve just taken them and put them in the interior of random domestic cars so they could not find them

1: If I recall theose did have dist problems and is probably your cause... check and see if you can get it started if you continue to have spark..

But I would say this is your cause...

2: why did you buy them all lol I would ahve just taken them and put them in the interior of random domestic cars so they could not find them

pssh eff that im selling em on fleabay.

I didnt think it was a distrib. issue because the part is mainly mechanical if i recall correctly...