puttin the license plate

speedwolf02

I was thinking about mounting my license plate in a different spot because im getting lights with integrated turn signals and was thinking of moving my license plate. Im not sure if I should put it on the side by the chain or underneath my seat more. I wasnt sure if the cops get to picky on this and i am going to have a michigan licence plate cause im originaly from michigan and going to school in ohio. would it be worth it or would it give me trouble.

heres what i was thinkin of doing

GSXlicense.jpg

or under the seat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzrA0ff1d3o

Mine are mounted right under the taillights kinda bent up in the air. I got pulled over at the QSL in Independence, got a ticket and didn't feel like fighting it and it cost me $75. I also got pulled over Silver Lake but he let me go after checking my paper work.

Here is a picture of where mine is..

picture.php?albumid=95&pictureid=1126

Here is the Ohio laws for plates FYI,

4503.21 Display of license plates and validation stickers or temporary license placard or windshield sticker.

(A) No person who is the owner or operator of a motor vehicle shall fail to display in plain view on the front and rear of the motor vehicle the distinctive number and registration mark, including any county identification sticker and any validation sticker issued under sections 4503.19 and 4503.191 of the Revised Code, furnished by the director of public safety, except that a manufacturer of motor vehicles or dealer therein, the holder of an in transit permit, and the owner or operator of a motorcycle, motorized bicycle, manufactured home, mobile home, trailer, or semitrailer shall display on the rear only. A motor vehicle that is issued two license plates shall display the validation sticker only on the rear license plate, except that a commercial tractor that does not receive an apportioned license plate under the international registration plan shall display the validation sticker on the front of the commercial tractor. An apportioned vehicle receiving an apportioned license plate under the international registration plan shall display the license plate only on the front of a commercial tractor and on the rear of all other vehicles. All license plates shall be securely fastened so as not to swing, and shall not be covered by any material that obstructs their visibility.

I hate getting harassed by cops so my plate goes on the fender. Well, I used to just keep it ziptied on the fender but in nearly fell off a couple times. I rode around without a plate for a few days (kept forgetting to put it on) without issue though. Of course as soon as I spent the extra cash to get those sweet reflector bolts and put them on, the bike get's stolen. :nono:

For those of you who have them mounted on your swing arms, do you have a license plate light? Like those light bolts or whatever? Don't you need a light to be legal?

I hate getting harassed by cops so my plate goes on the fender. Well, I used to just keep it ziptied on the fender but in nearly fell off a couple times. I rode around without a plate for a few days (kept forgetting to put it on) without issue though. Of course as soon as I spent the extra cash to get those sweet reflector bolts and put them on, the bike get's stolen. :nono:

For those of you who have them mounted on your swing arms, do you have a license plate light? Like those light bolts or whatever? Don't you need a light to be legal?

Had lights for a little bit but took them off. Blitz doesnt have lights on his either

I do have the License plate bolt lights. They are just like these.

Micro-Bolt-BK-BL02.jpg

Got them from Ebay like $16 a pair shipped. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/License-Plate-Bolt-Mini-LED-45-White-LED-Black-Base_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem350110664101QQitemZ350110664101QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I bought 25 foot of Asphalt Cloth Wire loom.

Description:

- HomePro #HPLM4A

- New 25' roll of 1/4" asphalytic (woven cotton fabric) wire loom.

- Made in the USA.

- High quality standards not usually found in imported loom.

- Black, durable asphalt prevents moisture absorption.

- Fire retardant.

- Highly resistant to temperature extremes.

- Ideal in harsh environments.

- Perfect for original restoration.

- Ideal for automotive or marine applications.

As Sam said I do not have the lights on yet.. I DO plan on getting them done before full time riding season starts. I will just add this to the list..

- License plate lighting

- Oil Change

- Radiator Flush

- Spark Plug change

- Chain & Sprocket change (+1 tooth rear)

- Dual Cigarette lighter accessory plug-ins in the tail.

- Food and some BS micro brew beer so somebody will help me.. :D

I have the one in the frist pic and have gotten plenty of warnings for it. It has 5 LEDs on it an they still stop me for it. Mainly cause they can't read the hole plate and it's not visible from the right rear side. I'll be sellin it as soon as i get a replacement.

I have the one in the frist pic and have gotten plenty of warnings for it. It has 5 LEDs on it an they still stop me for it. Mainly cause they can't read the hole plate and it's not visible from the right rear side. I'll be sellin it as soon as i get a replacement.

Yea I didnt want to get the curved one for that very reason.. Mine is flat and is almost the longest part of my bike..

the side isnt illegal although it has to be visible from some angle side to side, though having it deep down in front of your tire like that RC will get you a few unscheduled dates with johnny law. why not just mount it on a tail-tidy-ish kit or something? the swingarm one sounds like a pain in the ass if you ever have to take the wheel off.

speed:

since we have the exact same tail section this is what i did--

PIC-0091.jpg

PIC-0089.jpg

if you have access to or know someone in a metal shop just make something quick and easy like this. plate of metal with a longer bent piece of metal to hold the plate. simple easy.

free.

Edited by natedogg624

i bought one of the competition werx kits..it came with front and rear flush mount turn sigs. and taglight.. it mounts on a spring loaded hinged/pivioting backing plate that mounts under the battery box area.. been pulled over a few times(not because of that) and it was never even mentioned by the cops... heres a pic off there website..