Snow!

TTQ B4U

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

odd as my srt sat most of the winter... as i had 3 rwd vehicles out in the snow last year... 1 of which was a 2wd 1 wheel wonder ford ranger on street tires. an yet i never had an issue... good try

Yeah, thats why yours sat, and I drove mine with the same tires I ran at the track with over summer

Yeah, thats why yours sat, and I drove mine.

eeeehhh incorrect again i did drive mine (blizzicks had me going 70 on the highway with snow covered highway) but mine sat to keep the salt off an to keep the miles down im up to 95k miles on that car oops.

:finger: i win again son!

eeeehhh incorrect again i did drive mine (blizzicks had me going 70 on the highway with snow covered highway) but mine sat to keep the salt off an to keep the miles down im up to 95k miles on that car oops.

:finger: i win again son!

You ran blizzaks at the track? Sounds like you've got the garage queen.

And no, you do not win.

You ran blizzaks at the track? Sounds like you've got the garage queen.

And no, you do not win.

what are you talking about ,, ran blizzicks at the track?

an shoot this car sits outside year round woo

edit: i did run blizzicks one time at an autox event. i forgot to change my rims so i put mny street tires that were on the back swapped those to the front an put the blizzicks in the rear. dam it was fun to drift a fwd car hahahah

After owning front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive, 4wd and awd, I can honestly say that awd is the best layout for nearly all types of driving. RWD sucks as you can't put 400 hp down in the wet, and forget going fast in the snow! FWD is like joe swanson from family guy, minus the wheelchair. 4wd doesn't like turning on pavement, so awd pwns.

After owning front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive, 4wd and awd, I can honestly say that awd is the best layout for nearly all types of driving. RWD sucks as you can't put 400 hp down in the wet, and forget going fast in the snow! FWD is like joe swanson from family guy, minus the wheelchair. 4wd doesn't like turning on pavement, so awd pwns.

I think everyone will agree there are ups and downs to all layouts. Depends on the ultimate use. For me as a DD, FWD is best. No added weight, wear, better mpg's, etc. RWD is fun, but in the hands of the wife, or others, not best for winter or rain.

However, laying down 400hp in rain and going fast in snow, are two points that likely drove the comment #25.

Well, this is Ohio and it snows. You can try as hard as you want, but I bet if I could magically convert your guys' FWD or RWD cars to AWD overnight you'd be happier with how it drove. No more sitting and spinning, no more fishtailing trying to climb driveways, etc. Of course it isn't going to cure stupid, but it will increase your driveability substantially, with small penalties in complexity, mpg, and weight.

dont get me wrong ide love to have awd just for the simplicity but i love an enjoy all that you just mentioned above "No more sitting and spinning, no more fishtailing trying to climb driveways" that to me makes my boring 23 mile one way commute to work so much fun lol mabey im still young an dumb an enjoy the thrill of it ahh well

Well, this is Ohio and it snows. You can try as hard as you want, but I bet if I could magically convert your guys' FWD or RWD cars to AWD overnight you'd be happier with how it drove. No more sitting and spinning, no more fishtailing trying to climb driveways, etc. Of course it isn't going to cure stupid, but it will increase your driveability substantially, with small penalties in complexity, mpg, and weight.

I would be happier 15% of the time but that's about it. Otherwise, I don't want the added wieght dragging me around, the added wear and tear/maint. and the few mpg's I may lose. Otherwise, I'm good. I don't sit and spin, slide or have issues. It's all a matter of knowing how to use what you've got.

Another time 4wd is great: getting through intersections. I can't even remember how many times awd saved my ass turning through an intersection when a jackass pulled out of a drive, ran a light, etc and I had to scoot NOW. That enough is worth it to me.

the only thing cbus drivers need to learn is that no matter how slow you're going in snow, if you're a carlength behind the guy in front of you you're still gonna fucking hit him.

x100000000

First snow every year i always see tons of people flying through red lights etc. cause there dumb fucks and think there car is gonna stop like normal or some shit.

post links please

off road and rally are a given

I'll look for links, but Formula 1 used to have AWD cars, until it was banned. Audi dominated BTCC when its B5 A4 was racing, also in DTM they are very successful, Audi is currently ahead of Mercedes in DTM, Porsche has been using it for a long time. What about Audi in Trans Am? People use it where ever it is not banned. Wonder why they keep banning them if they do so well with it? Here are just a few:

McLaren

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c0/McLaren_M9A.jpg/180px-McLaren_M9A.jpg

Ford Cosworth

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1013/3166716966_ae7d6cda61.jpg

Trans Am car

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3219/2750530981_aa9595b83c.jpg

BTCC

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2007/2128363640_42818edf5c.jpg

DTM

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3190/2909746042_938cc6b76b.jpg