Offroaders

Linc5.0

Guest Removed

im not riding with you any more...first time i ever rolled that thing..

wanted to ride all day..but work has to get done

and i would today, but today is kyles birthday...so im trying to make some time for him today

Anyone that wants to ride, let me know. I wanna get my quad and dirtbikes out. Havent rode them much all year.

Oh man, I miss my atv so bad. It's been sooooo long. I live up in Delaware, too. BTW, were you on 161 yesterday evening, before it was dark? My gf, best friend, adn I were in a black RAV4 heading east when you flew by before exiting. Looked like a red rocket. lol You were moving out. :D Your lucky you exited, I was just about to take your ass. ;)

If you feel like dragging them to delaware, we are going to the slate pits tonight.

I live right near there and drive right by there all the time. Now, I gotta go check out what you're talking about. What time do you guys usually go at night? All I can think of is that field off of Armstrong. ;) Have any of you ever been up river rd to the offroad section along side the river?

Oh man, I miss my atv so bad. It's been sooooo long. I live up in Delaware, too. BTW, were you on 161 yesterday evening, before it was dark? My gf, best friend, adn I were in a black RAV4 heading east when you flew by before exiting. Looked like a red rocket. lol You were moving out. :D Your lucky you exited, I was just about to take your ass. ;)

I dont know what you are talking about;)

I dont know what you are talking about;)

No, didn't think it was you. This one looked too fast. :)

Back on topic:

Is this slate thing right on the river around there. I actually drove up Armstrong to Curve Rd to Old State(the route I generally take instead of 23 to get to Polaris area) and saw a couple spots to possibly pull off but I've never seen anyone offroading from the road.

Beyond the intersection of Armstrong and Curve road. There are a bunch of entrances.

I was thinking I might take the Jeep offroad some this fall. Is this an ATV/dirtbike only kind of thing or is it vehicle accessible? I see offroad rigs traveling in that area all the time and have always wondered where they're going around here.

Back on topic:

Is this slate thing right on the river around there. I actually drove up Armstrong to Curve Rd to Old State(the route I generally take instead of 23 to get to Polaris area) and saw a couple spots to possibly pull off but I've never seen anyone offroading from the road.

If you are stopped at the stop sign on Armstrong, there is a gravel driveway to the left of the house that is at the intersection that leads back there. Also before you go under the railroad tracks on curve, there is a gravel pathway on the left that leads to a field that takes you to the slate pits.There are a few ways to get back there but you won't see anyone from the entrances.

I was thinking I might take the Jeep offroad some this fall. Is this an ATV/dirtbike only kind of thing or is it vehicle accessible? I see offroad rigs traveling in that area all the time and have always wondered where they're going around here.

I take my Jeep. I usually wheel with other trucks but i see quads back there almost every time we go. If you are interested in coming, I can post here next time we get a group together. We seem to go every other saturday evening but I am trying to convince the others to consider sundays. Or just PM me your cell number and I'll include you in the mass text i send.

I take my Jeep. I usually wheel with other trucks but i see quads back there almost every time we go. If you are interested in coming, I can post here next time we get a group together. We seem to go every other saturday evening but I am trying to convince the others to consider sundays. Or just PM me your cell number and I'll include you in the mass text i send.

Cool. Yeah, I may be down for some of that coming up. Unfortunately right now I'm chasing a cooling problem that I was sure was just a bad fan clutch, but it's still not quite right. I need to get that sorted out before I go beating on it. That and I have been meaning to lift it a couple of inches. I have all the stuff (except more aggressive tires), I just keep putting it off.

You think this area is passable in a stock height jeep? It may be a couple of months before I'm ready to roll with the lift and tires. Definitely post up when you get a group together.

Cool. Yeah, I may be down for some of that coming up. Unfortunately right now I'm chasing a cooling problem that I was sure was just a bad fan clutch, but it's still not quite right. I need to get that sorted out before I go beating on it. That and I have been meaning to lift it a couple of inches. I have all the stuff (except more aggressive tires), I just keep putting it off.

You think this area is passable in a stock height jeep? It may be a couple of months before I'm ready to roll with the lift and tires. Definitely post up when you get a group together.

There are easy ways to get around the difficult stuff for the most part. I went out a few times when i was stock on bald piles of garbage tires and found my way around a little bit. Get ready to go out before it snows because once the shit is covered up, it is a lot less fun.

If you are stopped at the stop sign on Armstrong, there is a gravel driveway to the left of the house that is at the intersection that leads back there. Also before you go under the railroad tracks on curve, there is a gravel pathway on the left that leads to a field that takes you to the slate pits.There are a few ways to get back there but you won't see anyone from the entrances.

I know of the gravel pathway. Was there an old dump or something back there at one time? And to make sure, on the other side of that train bridge/gravel road, is there a small storage facility? I'll pm my cell. Dunno if I'm ready to take a brand new truck into some serious offroading, but I still enjoy heading out.