kholster

88lx5oh

i understand what everyone is saying..

and no matter what i get as my first holster it probably wont be the only one i have, or shit i may not like it at all..

but i was just doing some research online, and kind of getting a overview different holsters and what the majority of people tend to be buying for comfort and all around good holster.

and for shmucks post

so your highnoon holster that is $100 or so dollars is better than the galco? which is essentially the same holster but $65?

i dont get it.. price isnt always a factor of a well made item.. ill agree majority of the time yes.. but not always

i am a price conscious buyer, but i also want a quality item. so if i have to spend more money for somethign that is worth it i will. but im not gonna dismiss an item jsut cause it is cheaper

and for shmucks post

so your highnoon holster that is $100 or so dollars is better than the galco? which is essentially the same holster but $65?

i dont get it.. price isnt always a factor of a well made item.. ill agree majority of the time yes.. but not always

i am a price conscious buyer, but i also want a quality item. so if i have to spend more money for somethign that is worth it i will. but im not gonna dismiss an item jsut cause it is cheaper

Did I say dismiss it because its cheaper? I tried the Galco, doesnt fit as nice nor feel as comfortable so how are they essentially the same? They may look the same but they arent, nor would I suggest going off of anyones reveiws or suggestions. I bought holster after holster and had to turn around and sell them all. Not the smartest way to buy anything but on this particular item thats what I did.

Have you looked at the Ohio CCW site for any holster info, maybe try someones out?

i wouldnt mind trying a holster out, but finding someone who has the exact gun you have, and also borrowing it for a long enough time to actually dictate if its the right one for you is probably going to be a hassle.. i guess the buy and try will be what ill have to do

i wouldnt mind trying a holster out, but finding someone who has the exact gun you have, and also borrowing it for a long enough time to actually dictate if its the right one for you is probably going to be a hassle.. i guess the buy and try will be what ill have to do

Buy and try is the way I had to go too, but doing alot of research still helped me to narrow it way down. I only bought 3 and still use 2 of them currently depending on mode of carry (though 98% of the time it's the Desantis).

might also help find one for your wife

I have a Fobus for my Glock 22 and its perfect I'll throw some pictures up in a bit

You can find one for just about any handgun at Vance's and there reasonably priced.

Holster and Glock:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c375/allaboutwrx/IMG_0734.jpg

Glock in Holster

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c375/allaboutwrx/IMG_0735.jpg

Holster on Hip:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c375/allaboutwrx/IMG_0736.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c375/allaboutwrx/IMG_0737.jpg

I wear this with any sweatshirt or jacket.

Ryan, This is the one I have for my Glock if you want to wear it around some and try it out. Me personally, I like it alot. I like the outer carry versus the inner much more. Like we talked about, I will also be getting a shoulder holster too though.

oh and cinergi.. i am carrying a glock 27

From what I have read it appears that you are set on IWB, might I ask why? Good choice on the gun.

I have an issue with IWB for several reasons and it seems people always argue with me. I've had a lot of training over the years and can quite easily stop draws on an IWB quite effectively. I am not saying I am some super bad ass, but I tell you that to tell you this: 90% of the time someone who wants you to be a victim will have the "drop" on you before you even know what's happening--alertness can only go so far. I have rarely been involved in an incident which was over 8 feet away. EVERY second counts and I don't like ripping away at clothing that someone can use to drag me around with. I can draw quickly no matter where I have a weapon mounted, but I always find myself moving my position a lot more to draw IWB than I do ANY other method. Yes, it's deep concealment--what does it matter if you cannot get the gun? I have always said if they know you have a gun they will generally avoid you, or come in a group. Yes, you can also argue that the person attacking you does not suspect the weapon, or does not suspect any resistance and I will agree with that. I can also tell you 5 out 8 times if you are on the ground or injured before you draw, you won't be getting that gun out to defend yourself. A lot of people that CCW **NEVER** think of the ground fight that can ensue if something is mis-calculated. I always think of worst-case scenario, and for me IWB always looked most grim for what I felt was the best way to arm myself. //end that rant.

Aside from that, I just never quite found a IWB holster that I ever did like much but my body type is a bit different than most. I can do SOB IWB, but only do that mirrored on the occasion that I do it.

That's just me though... and I never claimed to know a lot.

I will add to this later, I've been procrastinating a project I must finish.