BLAH my subbie sick :(

thorne

Well to go with my wonder chain of crappy events.

Today I drove to newark and at some point on my trip my upper radiator hose went capppppoooot.

That in itself is a easy fix. 17.99. Except I did not catch it till I got off the freeway at a stop light.

Alass :(

My buddy who built my tranny said It overheated and killed the oil. We changed the oil and ghetto rigged the hose. We started it up and we could not tell if it was knocking or not. Drove it home and by the time I hit 270 I thought I heard something. by 23 I was sure I heard something :(

knock knock who's there. Thorne's engine

Anyone have a good 2.0 or 2.5 SB ?

Guest tbutera2112
when i blew the radiator hose on my truck, the coolant hitting the engine made a HUUUUGE cloud of steam...i was going 80 and looked in my rearview mirror and didnt see a thing except white steam ....how did you not catch it? did it just pour out onto the ground and not hit anything hot or what? that sucks man!!! i bet your next mod after fixing it will be a better temp gauge

My buddy said it was possibly a air pocket caused the gauge to not show. Honestly I can't say I really looked at the gauges on the freeway. I was not really thinking about it and the car had no signs of sadness.

It went all over the front. Once I got off freeway I noticed it.

I drove it home because after we put it together it did not seem to be knockin. We had kinda hoped it was going to be ok :(.

ohh welll

I learned something today.

CHECK YOUR HOSES

http://www.40roll.com/wrx1/damnit.jpg

BUT I will say it was pretty fucking cool looking when my hood scope start rolling steam out.

That's crummy. Stories like this make me super glad I have a nice oil cooler, and oil temp gauge. Had it been an inline motor you might have been alright :(. I drove a VW 2.slow a good 100 miles with no water pump and it survived. Synthetic oil ftw.

The reason we think it did not shut off is that E85 at STOICHE is running 9.0:1 and allot more when you are not in stoich. That has a HUGE intercooling effect. It's the only reason I can run a small ass turbo so far out of its range and still make power.

Guest tbutera2112
look for my motor at a salvage yard. They have no idea its built. Should be anle to get it for cheap.

why wouldnt you buy the car back and part it out, or turn in all your receipts to your insurance company and claim the extra cash?

why wouldnt you buy the car back and part it out, or turn in all your receipts to your insurance company and claim the extra cash?

If he did not tell the insurance company when he did it and got it on his policy they will not give him a dime for it

Guest tbutera2112
If he did not tell the insurance company when he did it and got it on his policy they will not give him a dime for it

guess my policy is different then....my company covers my aftermarket stuff