Holester recommendations?

russian rocket

hey guys, im sure this has been asked before but what type of holsters do most of you guys like the best. i currently have an xd45 service model so its only a 4in but the mag is a 13 double stacked.

im sure most of you guys wont recommend carrying a 45 because of its size and weight but i currently do not have the funds to spring for a 9mm or a xd40 sub compact or really anything else.

i was on xdtalk for a while the other night just reading what everyone was recommending. and most of them seem to like the IWB super tuck. im relatively new to carrying so i dont know all the names for all the different holsters so please dont flame lol.

i was kind of curious about a cross draw shoulder holster, i was curious if any of you guys wear them and if maybe any of you guys carry a 45 in them. how comfortable are they in general or should i just stick to IWB since in the summer i like to wear t shirts and shorts.

any recommendations will be greatly appreciated, thanks

i just bought a Kimber Ultra Carry 2 in .45 to carry with a crossbreed IWB holster. Its going to be tits.

just watched a youtube video on that gun, looks like a really nice gun but field stripping looks to be a bit of a bitch.

btw did you try on the crossbreed holster? did you get it in horsehide or cowhide?

hated my Kimber went with a Springfield EMP

Smart man.

Oh, and as I said in the other thread; you get what you pay for when it comes to holsters. That's not to say you can't get a good one for a bit cheaper. The problem(s) with the upper end holsters is that, 1. They're expensive, 2. You can't really try them on unless you can find someone who's got one, 3. There's usually a huge wait list (and for good reason).

That said, the Comp-Tac MTAC gets great reviews, isn't that expensive, and you can have it to your door in a few days.

just watched a youtube video on that gun, looks like a really nice gun but field stripping looks to be a bit of a bitch.

btw did you try on the crossbreed holster? did you get it in horsehide or cowhide?

you can field strip a kimber without any tools.