Roses: OSU v Oregon

excell

I think it'll be a great game, two programs that appear relatively matched though by offensive stats Oregon is better and they had much higher quality losses to Boise St. and to on-fire Stanford (who creamed USC). Excited!

i think if we can shut down their offense it will be game over.

Agreed. I don't think they've faced a defense quite like ours, Boise state is close to us for interceptions. I think if our defense shows up we'll have a great shot. :nod:

i've been saying it since the last thread.

i am SCARED of Oregon's offense, they have athletes with a scheme/staff that knows how to use them, our defense can shut them down, but for how long?

Tressel CANNOT come out and plan the way he has his last 3 bowl games

if Tressellball is the whole gameplan were done.

our D will get tired after 8 straight 3 and out series and will eventually cave. thank goodness Oregon has NO defense, so i think we will be able to score, plenty. especially with a pick 6 courtesy of Massoli.

i predict:

Bucks - 27

Ducks - 21

i've been saying it since the last thread.

i am SCARED of Oregon's offense, they have athletes with a scheme/staff that knows how to use them, our defense can shut them down, but for how long?

Tressel CANNOT come out and plan the way he has his last 3 bowl games

if Tressellball is the whole gameplan were done.

our D will get tired after 8 straight 3 and out series and will eventually cave. thank goodness Oregon has NO defense, so i think we will be able to score, plenty. especially with a pick 6 courtesy of Massoli.

i predict:

Bucks - 27

Ducks - 21

I'd like to point out Michigan might have had the worst D in the country and OSU didn't score so easily.

and can we please pick up an extra team so we can have an extra week off in the middle/end of the season before a championship game!

this would benefit us threefold

1st we wouldn't have such a long layoff before our bowl game, same amount as everyone else (that really hurts us).

2nd, it would keep the media attention on us, instead of teams leapfrogging a idle team

and 3rd, it would give our conference a true title game

and can we please pick up an extra team so we can have an extra week off in the middle/end of the season before a championship game!

1st we wouldn't have such a long layoff before our bowl game, same amount as everyone else (that really hurts us).

2nd, it would keep the media attention on us, instead of teams leapfrogging a idle team

This

ND, join us!

Should be a good game. Offense vs Defense. Slight home field goes to Oregon, however. If Oregon gets on fire, I don't have much hope for OSU. I'm looking forward to it. Though, I'm a USC fan, I'm almost glad to see someone else in the damn Rose Bowl for once. lol

Purdue almost beat Oregon, lost in the last minute, granted OSU did loose to purdue as well, that seemed to be a fluke Pryor sucked more then usual game.

The game will come down to coaching, and Oregons aggression with play calling will kill them or will make Chip Kelly look like the hero. Jim Tressel will have to go for it on fourth down and short, we will have to score points, or it will be USC all over again. The defense can not contain all game long, and OSU can not win with possession only, points are crucial to the victory, OSU will need 24 points or more to win.

Side note, I do believe that it will be a tight game where Jim Tressel will play conservative and loose in a final minutes again. You have to play to hurt the opponent not contain them.

Let it be known , I am already calling for Tressel to hand over the playing calling on the offense and have been since Troy Smith was there, so NO band wagon jumper here Ben ;)

Purdue almost beat Oregon, lost in the last minute, granted OSU did loose to purdue as well, that seemed to be a fluke Pryor sucked more then usual game.

The game will come down to coaching, and Oregons aggression with play calling will kill them or will make Chip Kelly look like the hero. Jim Tressel will have to go for it on fourth down and short, we will have to score points, or it will be USC all over again. The defense can not contain all game long, and OSU can not win with possession only, points are crucial to the victory, OSU will need 24 points or more to win.

Side note, I do believe that it will be a tight game where Jim Tressel will play conservative and loose in a final minutes again. You have to play to hurt the opponent not contain them.

Let it be known , I am already calling for Tressel to hand over the playing calling on the offense and have been since Troy Smith was there, so NO band wagon jumper here Ben ;)

I agree 100% with this, even the final statement! OSU needs an NFL talent OC calling plays. To be clear, I don't think Jim should be fired at all, just play calling should be another's responsibility.

. saving this thread so I can talk shit all winter to the people who think Oregon is a good team. I watched them almost lose to Oregon state and those dudes have no D. AS long as we don't go prevent in middle third quarter we will shit on these guys.

. saving this thread so I can talk shit all winter to the people who think Oregon is a good team. I watched them almost lose to Oregon state and those dudes have no D. AS long as we don't go prevent in middle third quarter we will shit on these guys.

Ok if I am right, after every post I talk about OSU you have to post "OSU sucks". It's only fair if you plan on running your mouth if OSU wins.

Starting next year the OSU-Michigan game is the Saturday after Thanksgiving. There's your extra week. Unfortunately, Tressel is 2-4 coming off of bye weeks so we'll see how much that helps us...lol.

I'd like to point out Michigan might have had the worst D in the country and OSU didn't score so easily.

Not the worst D in the country but OSU did score easily. They got a defensive TD to start the game and pretty much shut it down. Michigan got a FG in the 2nd quarter, OSU comes right back to score on an 80 yard drive in 6 plays. Michigan gets a TD on a short field after an INT, OSU comes right back and drives 90 yards for a TD. OSU was pretty much toying with them.

As for Oregon... OSU will probably have to put up 30 to win. The D will be the best Oregon has faced but Kelly is a great offensive mind and they will find ways to score on OSU. OSU will just need to limit those opportunities by holding onto the ball and sustaining long drives with solid running which I think they should be able to do pretty easily. OSU averaged 230+ yards per game rushing their last 3 games, 2 of which were against much better defenses than Oregon (PSU and Iowa).

Starting next year the OSU-Michigan game is the Saturday after Thanksgiving. There's your extra week. Unfortunately, Tressel is 2-4 coming off of bye weeks so we'll see how much that helps us...lol.

Not the worst D in the country but OSU did score easily. They got a defensive TD to start the game and pretty much shut it down. Michigan got a FG in the 2nd quarter, OSU comes right back to score on an 80 yard drive in 6 plays. Michigan gets a TD on a short field after an INT, OSU comes right back and drives 90 yards for a TD. OSU was pretty much toying with them.

As for Oregon... OSU will probably have to put up 30 to win. The D will be the best Oregon has faced but Kelly is a great offensive mind and they will find ways to score on OSU. OSU will just need to limit those opportunities by holding onto the ball and sustaining long drives with solid running which I think they should be able to do pretty easily. OSU averaged 230+ yards per game rushing their last 3 games, 2 of which were against much better defenses than Oregon (PSU and Iowa).

I remember a bunch of punts in that game.

It looked to me that Tress wanted to just get out of AA with a W and no injuries.

I could see that. Tress: "Those guys are playing to murder you, we're playing to end our season. Don't get killed out there." Mr. Conservative himself?

I could see that. Tress: "Those guys are playing to murder you, we're playing to end our season. Don't get killed out there." Mr. Conservative himself?

That's the way it seemed to me. The D was keeping UM from scoring, the running game was holding onto the ball, Forcier was turning the ball over. Why go all out when you can just keep it as close to the vest as possible and get the hell out of dodge?

Let me get this straight. So you are saying that if we keep them from scoring, we will win the game? :)

Go Bucks!

Yes, but more specifically the bucks seem more well rounded. If we can contain their quarterback and show them they have no hope on offense, it will effectively be our game to lose.

My statement was very general in nature, so I agree with you.

That's the way it seemed to me. The D was keeping UM from scoring, the running game was holding onto the ball, Forcier was turning the ball over. Why go all out when you can just keep it as close to the vest as possible and get the hell out of dodge?

Exactly. The Rose Bowl and conference title were wrapped up. Do what you have to to win the game (ie. score at will after every Michigan score) then start getting healthy for the Rose Bowl.

Because other teams play to hurt the opponent, and do. The issue is we keep it to close the vest, i like a little room for error, I mean we have Pryor under center after all ;)

Kelly was freaking out on Masoli after the first TD telling them to hurry up, hes a killer, Jim is a Lawyer who likes to drag it out. Killers* win in football

*(example Ray Lewis)