Receipt checkers at the exit door

87GT

Linked below an elderly Walmart greeter was cold cocked in the face by someone leaving the store. It seems the greeter was trying to check his receipt. He was hospitalized from the attack.

Now I hate these damn greaters wanting to see my receipt but punching someone was not the right thing to do. I always just keep walking out the door even if they yell at me. I am not waiting in line to buy someone then waiting in line to leave the store.

What do you think??

surveillance video here

http://www.wpxi.com/news/21788662/detail.html

Maybe this guy was worried security was going to tackle him in the parking lot? Sounds too rich to be true? Think again and read this. http://consumerist.com/2009/11/reader-says-he-was-tackled-at-walmart-for-not-showing-receipt.html

I got into an arguement with one at the Bethel rd store. My arms were stacked up and the receipt was inside a bag, but you could see it through the bag. He says he needs to see the receipt. I hadn't noticed it was where it was until he asked. I said it's right there. He said take it out of the bag. He said it like a prick and the simply inspired me to be one. I said no, my hands are full, but you are welcome to help me carried some of this to my car and have a look there. He said he couldn't and wouldn't. I said me either and walked by him. All he had was a bunch of " hey you can't.....blah blah blah ". I said call security and walked out. Nothing happened. I was a dick and he was a dick. I hate those guys.

Guy in front of me carts out a radio and they let him walk right out. I leave with modern warfare, some nerf guns, and I get, "can I see your receipt please?" My response... "No"

We should go shopping together. I will put the receipt in my pants and ask the greeter to give me a reach around if he wants to see it.

We should go shopping together. I will put the receipt in my pants and ask the greeter to give me a reach around if he wants to see it.

I do something similar... I usually just tell them I stole the item, put my exposed penis back in my boxers, and walk out the door. The response I get is nothing short of epic.

I do something similar... I usually just tell them I stole the item, put my exposed penis back in my boxers, and walk out the door. The response I get is nothing short of epic.

Where do you shop again?

:gay:

Guy in front of me carts out a radio and they let him walk right out. I leave with modern warfare, some nerf guns, and I get, "can I see your receipt please?" My response... "No"

Maybe they thought you were a terrorist. Come on, a Deadly Fighting game and some nerf guns, You know what that means right?

I got into an arguement with one at the Bethel rd store. My arms were stacked up and the receipt was inside a bag, but you could see it through the bag. He says he needs to see the receipt. I hadn't noticed it was where it was until he asked. I said it's right there. He said take it out of the bag. He said it like a prick and the simply inspired me to be one. I said no, my hands are full, but you are welcome to help me carried some of this to my car and have a look there. He said he couldn't and wouldn't. I said me either and walked by him. All he had was a bunch of " hey you can't.....blah blah blah ". I said call security and walked out. Nothing happened. I was a dick and he was a dick. I hate those guys.

Maybe he thought you were looking Salty, Showing off your guns by carrying out so many bags. He could have been too shy to say "hey baby want to go out sometime", so instead he said "Can i see your receipt". Tomato Tomatoe Righhht?

I've never been asked to show my receipt at Wal-Mart, so I can't relate. If they did ask me, I'd probably say no and just walk out. However, it would depend on my mood and if I put the damn thing away or where ever it's at.

On the flip side, if I saw someone deck a 72 yr old man as I walked out, I'd probably react badly. I just hope never to witness that shit.

The person at the front has two responsibilities; greet people as they leave and ask people with big products and things that are normally locked up, for a reciept (like videogames). It's their JERRRRRB!

You think they actually enjoy holding people up as they leave? I'm sure it's kinda nerve racking especially since they get assholes who punch them in the mouth.

IIRC, if they try to detain you until you show them your receipt, I believe it's false imprisonment or something like that.

You Recalled Correctly. Same with Best Buy; they can't physically stop anyone from walking out of the store.

In some cases, I understand not wanting to be bothered for checking a reciept but really? I can guarantee the only person in here whose time is priceless is Brian, bc he's an admin on a car forum.

I lol'd :D

Maybe they thought you were a terrorist. Come on, a Deadly Fighting game and some nerf guns, You know what that means right?

I'm going to take over the work in a safe way that wont put anyones eye out?

The person at the front has two responsibilities; greet people as they leave and ask people with big products and things that are normally locked up, for a reciept (like videogames). It's their JERRRRRB!

You think they actually enjoy holding people up as they leave? I'm sure it's kinda nerve racking especially since they get assholes who punch them in the mouth.

Like video games and radios. After seeing how inconsistent they are I just keep walking. Check them all or dont check any.

Having been a security guard at a retail store, I can tell you that the ONLY circumstances under which ANY employee of a store or LEO can detain a person for shoplifting in the state of Ohio is if an employee, guard, or LEO witnesses that person remove an item from the store. That means they have to SEE the person take the item, and they have to have visual contact with the person until they reach at least the inner set of doors. At that time, they are allowed to intercept and detain, including the use of force if necessary.

While checking receipts isn't illegal, any attempt by any employee to detain a person short of those HIGHLY restrictive circumstances is going to be a violation of the persons civil rights.

WalMart is putting their greeters and employees deeply in harm's way by not giving them proper training in how to handle suspected shoplifters.

BTW, I have to say, isn't it convenient how the recording only starts a couple seconds before the hit, and doesn't show anything that happened inside the store? I'd be interested in seeing the rest of it.

Having been a security guard at a retail store, I can tell you that the ONLY circumstances under which ANY employee of a store or LEO can detain a person for shoplifting in the state of Ohio is if an employee, guard, or LEO witnesses that person remove an item from the store. That means they have to SEE the person take the item, and they have to have visual contact with the person until they reach at least the inner set of doors. At that time, they are allowed to intercept and detain, including the use of force if necessary.

While checking receipts isn't illegal, any attempt by any employee to detain a person short of those HIGHLY restrictive circumstances is going to be a violation of the persons civil rights.

WalMart is putting their greeters and employees deeply in harm's way by not giving them proper training in how to handle suspected shoplifters.

BTW, I have to say, isn't it convenient how the recording only starts a couple seconds before the hit, and doesn't show anything that happened inside the store? I'd be interested in seeing the rest of it.

They must go past the last point of sale....

If you dont show me your receipt and your trying to push out a TV I will be kicking a hole thru the box and it will fall off the cart and you will have no TV.