M112 supercharged 3.8 V6 Mustang

KStang3.8

thanks for the advice all. looks like i'll be saving some money and skipping out on the meth.

when i first bought the car i drove it like a grandma and it got 13mpg. my dad's best friend is good with cars so we did alot of stuff with it like clean out the fuel system and shit like that. anything basic that could be cleaned or changed we did it and after getting my cold air intake i got about 15-16 mpg. after my gears and 93 octane + tune i get about 17mpg but thats driving it hard. taking it easy i could definitely make 20mpg cuz every 5 tanks or so i hit that. i've only driven my car twice since summer cuz i'm at school but over break i'ma take her nice and easy and get a solid 20mpg. i think with a good tune aiming at decent mpg with the supercharger i won't go much under what i already am at. (p.s. gary you're gonna love those 410's mine made a CRAZY big difference)

last time i checked a mustang gt of my year has 260bhp...not rwhp. and 300>260 anyways. also i love my sixer. i'm proud of it and it'll make me proud to know i went from being so slow to decently fast, faster than a stock gt (should be atleast). V8>V6 and we all know it. if i wanted the fastest car possible i'd sell my car and buy an evo 9 or something and mod the shit out of it. but i like my 3.8 v6 mustang. its just what i wanna do.

with the longtubes....will they fit onto the stock y pipe? like cut out the cats and then they just fit right on? or do i have to buy something to connect the two or what?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last time i checked a mustang gt of my year has 260bhp...not rwhp. and 300>260 anyways. also i love my sixer. i'm proud of it and it'll make me proud to know i went from being so slow to decently fast, faster than a stock gt (should be atleast). ?

umm 14s arent even remotly fast... nor are 13s soot 12s arent even these days..... you have more potential with the v8 probably for cheaper too.... to each your own

to each their own indeed. 17's to 14's makes me happy so i'ma roll with that.

your srt went from 14's to 12's? 11's? thats awesome man. i'm jealous of that. my buddy has an srt4 and when i see/hear it i jizz in my pants. but i love my car all the same and when its around 14.0 instead of the 15.5 it is now and 17 it was i'm gonna love it even more.

ricers go from 18's to 16's and think their car is a Lamborghini. to each their own.

Guest JCroz91

7 or 8 psi isnt a nesessity to run meth tho it will add power and make your setup safer.

the m112 setup isnt intercooled at all. so you have to have a way to get your IAT's down. me with 10 psi hit IAT's of 212* when doing pulls on brians dyno. thats with out meth. thats not safe. but with meth it drops the temps to 130-160 a little lower than they should be. it also adds timing i believe.

meth essentially acts as a heat exchanger and it isnt needed per say to run the setup. it helps a lot.

Guest JCroz91
awesome pm'd you. so that means that the longtubes wouldn't work with the stock ypipe?

go to 3.8 like i have been telling u this whole time. all your info is there. theres a MAC dealer on there. he got me my LT's and H-pipe for just over $300 together.

but like srt said. your car wont be that fast. the only thing ull beat racing is other v6's, integras, civic, accords. most of the shit you will see a mexican in.

go to 3.8 like i have been telling u this whole time. all your info is there. theres a MAC dealer on there. he got me my LT's and H-pipe for just over $300 together.

but like srt said. your car wont be that fast. the only thing ull beat racing is other v6's, integras, civic, accords. most of the shit you will see a mexican in.

thats not necessarily true. A 14.0 car can take on GT's and LT1 cars. Hell my car isnt that much faster than your car, or his will be, but ive taken down several LS1 cars with light mods, and GT's with mods.

to each their own indeed. 17's to 14's makes me happy so i'ma roll with that.

your srt went from 14's to 12's? 11's? thats awesome man. i'm jealous of that. my buddy has an srt4 and when i see/hear it i jizz in my pants. but i love my car all the same and when its around 14.0 instead of the 15.5 it is now and 17 it was i'm gonna love it even more.

ricers go from 18's to 16's and think their car is a Lamborghini. to each their own.

this made me LOL. That is the truth. Thats also why i like reynoldsburg, there are so many of them with there little hondas that think there fart can adds 100 hp and they can beat anything on the road.

it seems like i don't need meth. but the guy from super six told me in a personal email "you'll need a meth kit for proper cooling" key word being need...so idk. feels like i should get it. plus if it didn't matter it would just make my car more efficient. lower temperature is always better.

in the future i want a torque converter, right now i can't afford it with this initial setup though. need more $. maybe the summer after this one.

this mac dealer sounds intriguing i'm gonna check it out if i decide to go that way.

reynoldsburg = home of ricers. it makes it alot of fun to have a mustang.

theoretically because of $ or for whatever reason lets say i couldn't get the LT's. could i just have someone make me straight pipes to connect my shorty headers to the stock y pipe after the cats are cut out? isn't that just the same thing as LT's? how much would that cost me?

also lets say my dad who TECHNICALLY owns the car wants it street legal. should i get high flow cats? are they an improvement over the stock cats? or should i just not bother?

Guest Removed

dont need cats in columbus to be street legal.

2, the meth is need if you want to lower iat temps to keep the timing turned up to make peak power! keep the timing and bay, and you wont need the meth.

no matter what your still going to have high iats temps, due to the fact your putting a heaton on top of the engine.

In my opinion, if you don't have the money to do it right the first time (LT's, H-pipe and Meth) then I would wait until you do. If you are maxing out your budget with just the supercharger, how are you going to fix anything when it breaks? If you don't have $300 to put towards LT's and Hpipes, what happens when you blow your trans?

It kind of sounds like you need to do some more research on the subject and potentially put the plans on hold until you have the money to do it right.

Good luck with everything. I think its great.

And PS, while 14's might not be "fast" in the world of drag racing, a V6 Mustang running 14.0's will be more than enough to have fun and get in trouble in. There is always someone faster than you, regardless of the times you run. Get the car running how YOU want it, and have fun with it.

Screw the meth injection. If you're set up right and have a better then stock exhaust (headres, no-cat etc) and you upgrade your cam and maybe even heads you should be able to run more boost & timing. I'm not sure what thoes motors like timing wise, but say it's 22* keep it at 22* and see how much boost you can run with that much timing. It's a balancing act. And when you really want to get on it just get some race gas.

Screw the meth injection. If you're set up right and have a better then stock exhaust (headres, no-cat etc) and you upgrade your cam and maybe even heads you should be able to run more boost & timing. I'm not sure what thoes motors like timing wise, but say it's 22* keep it at 22* and see how much boost you can run with that much timing. It's a balancing act. And when you really want to get on it just get some race gas.

Meth is a rather cheap way to lower the temps to both achieve more power, and to do it safely. Buying cams, heads etc etc just to prevent meth is not exactly cost effective. Especially considering he obviously doesn't have the money to do everything he needs done, even without heads and cams.

Meth is a rather cheap way to lower the temps to both achieve more power, and to do it safely. Buying cams, heads etc etc just to prevent meth is not exactly cost effective. Especially considering he obviously doesn't have the money to do everything he needs done, even without heads and cams.

:lol: True it's cheaper, but adding the cam & heads will make moar powa AND help him run more boost. Besides, I like spending other peoples money :D

thank you for your words and advice aaron. and thanks to gearhead for informing me catless=legal.... i had no idea! thats sweet!

@ supergtp....wish i could get heads and cam lol.

i am going to have enough money for this project. i just am looking to spend as little as possible. right now counting everything i have and need i need to spend 1400 more $. very doable for me. somewhere around a grand for install and tune. so 2400. add in meth make it 2700. add in LT's and hpipe for 300 means 3000 THEN i would need a new catback $400 so thats 3400. so thats an extra grand right there.

so what i'm trying to find out and no one is answering lol is can i get LT's and NOT an hpipe? because my catback which i dropped 500 for fits onto a ypipe. its not like the GT's where its true dual two seperate pieces. it fits onto a y pipe and i don't want to redo my entire exhaust for $ reasons and because i love how my magnaflows sound.

SO! someone answer me! lol. can i buy the MAC LT's and SOMEHOW fit them onto my y pipe after the cats are cut off? do i need a new y pipe? ideally i don't want to go LT's hpipe new catback. so what are my options keeping my current catback?

thank you for your words and advice aaron. and thanks to gearhead for informing me catless=legal.... i had no idea! thats sweet!

@ supergtp....wish i could get heads and cam lol.

i am going to have enough money for this project. i just am looking to spend as little as possible. right now counting everything i have and need i need to spend 1400 more $. very doable for me. somewhere around a grand for install and tune. so 2400. add in meth make it 2700. add in LT's and hpipe for 300 means 3000 THEN i would need a new catback $400 so thats 3400. so thats an extra grand right there.

so what i'm trying to find out and no one is answering lol is can i get LT's and NOT an hpipe? because my catback which i dropped 500 for fits onto a ypipe. its not like the GT's where its true dual two seperate pieces. it fits onto a y pipe and i don't want to redo my entire exhaust for $ reasons and because i love how my magnaflows sound.

SO! someone answer me! lol. can i buy the MAC LT's and SOMEHOW fit them onto my y pipe after the cats are cut off? do i need a new y pipe? ideally i don't want to go LT's hpipe new catback. so what are my options keeping my current catback?

Your question was already answered many posts ago.

im pretty sure with the long tubes, i could make a h pipe to fit what ever cat back you have