M112 supercharged 3.8 V6 Mustang

KStang3.8

well i like your plan gearhead, however, i am already invested in this plan so i'm gonna roll with it.

my question has not been answered. an hpipe is not an answer to my question because i specifically said an hpipe will not work! please someone actually answer my question

"o what i'm trying to find out and no one is answering lol is can i get LT's and NOT an hpipe? because my catback which i dropped 500 for fits onto a ypipe. its not like the GT's where its true dual two seperate pieces. it fits onto a y pipe and i don't want to redo my entire exhaust for $ reasons and because i love how my magnaflows sound.

SO! someone answer me! lol. can i buy the MAC LT's and SOMEHOW fit them onto my y pipe after the cats are cut off? do i need a new y pipe? ideally i don't want to go LT's hpipe new catback. so what are my options keeping my current catback?"

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i like your plan gearhead, however, i am already invested in this plan so i'm gonna roll with it.

my question has not been answered. an hpipe is not an answer to my question because i specifically said an hpipe will not work! please someone actually answer my question

"o what i'm trying to find out and no one is answering lol is can i get LT's and NOT an hpipe? because my catback which i dropped 500 for fits onto a ypipe. its not like the GT's where its true dual two seperate pieces. it fits onto a y pipe and i don't want to redo my entire exhaust for $ reasons and because i love how my magnaflows sound.

SO! someone answer me! lol. can i buy the MAC LT's and SOMEHOW fit them onto my y pipe after the cats are cut off? do i need a new y pipe? ideally i don't want to go LT's hpipe new catback. so what are my options keeping my current catback?"

Why buy MAC LT'S and put them on a stock Y PIPE from a V6......that will be pointless to even buy LT'S. (STOP BEING CHEAP)

because i don't wanna drop 500 on another catback when i already have one thats perfectly fine (STOP BEING A DOUCHE).

anyone want to answer my question rather than give negative comments? i'd really appreciate some information in relation to my questions.

if you have a negative comment about me, my 6 cylinder car, my future goals and how i plan on reaching them, please keep them to yourself. constructive criticism like what Jcroz and Pontiacfreak have been giving is welcome. actually answering my question is welcome as well.

He's not being a douche. His point is, why buy LTs if you are going to cork them up with the stock ypipe. An exhaust is only as efficient as its smallest part. So if you have 3" piping into a 2" ypipe, there is no point in having the 3" at all. Get it?

The point we are all trying to make is that you need to do a few basic things, if you can't then you need to rethink everything. A full exhaust, headers back to open things up is one of those things.

You need to relax and maybe do some searching on a Mustang forum if you don't like the replys here. But be in for the same stuff over there.

Aaron i very much enjoyed your response just now. some people just like to be dicks when they say things. you said the same thing but you explained why and made it make sense. this is valuable to me. quit being cheap is not valuable to me.

so on your theory of being only as efficient as the smallest part. what if i had a 3 inch y pipe custom made for me? cuz i could get LT's hpipe and a new catback for about 800. i could get the LTs for prob less than 300 and then the y pipe for less than 500 right? so it'd def cost me less than 800 i would estimate. however, would this custom y pipe also be futile? should i just pay the few hundred more for the full setup? or would a custom y pipe make sense?

also Jcroz if you'd like to name drop who your mac dealer is i'd appreciate it.

also i ponder this question. while LT's hpipe new catback is quite obviously the ideal setup....what if i just stuck with my current setup. shorty headers. stock cats stock y. magnaflow catback. are we talking about strictly a horsepower difference? or will it be detrimental to my engine and cause damage? will it send my gas mileage to shit?

what are the cons of keeping my current setup.

i'm not stupid i'm already looking into getting the macs so don't jump down my throat for asking.

i would just like to know theoretically what WOULD happen if i kept my current setup.

well with out knowing how a mustang exaust is, im gonna say that yes you can more than liket just have a y pipe made that will hook right up to your cat back. your gonna have to figure out exactly how it needs to be made though, like the exact design. Because although its not really illegal to take the cats off, no exaust shop will touch your car if they know what your doin, so you will have to draw it up. the problem with running your current exaust is, it will be restrictive, especially since your running boost. You wont make the power you want, plus you will have heat problems because the motor wont be able to get the exaust gases out as it needs to.

Guest JCroz91

cam is saying that your bottle necking your exhaust. if you put headers on a car with stock exhause its going to flow better only thru the header. then get all jammed up in your tiny exhaust. same with long tubes. they will flow great... thru the header. and then back up trying to jam all that air from a 2.5" outlet into a 1.5 or 2" inlet ( im not sure which it is). THEN IT BOTTLE NECKS AGAIN GOING INTO FROM TWO 2" TUBES TO ONE!!! its even worse when your going with FI cause then you have double the air flowing through the engine at a faster speed.

my brother has an 07 shelby gt500. first mods were a blower pulley, CAI, and tune ( all intake stuff). got it dynoed... and then later added a full bassani cat-back and gained 30rwhp from it. cause the engine was sucking in all that air from the pulley and intake and now it finally could flow right.

im sure u know an engine is a large air pump. the more air that goes thru the more power u make.

Guest Removed

PLS PLS PLS Tell me were that is posted......BC if so my car is street legal do to this QUOTE.....(and its not)

its not..we dont do smog checks here...so its not like you need them on. granted, no exhaust shop will even touch you car with out cats on it,

but i will.

also i ponder this question. while LT's hpipe new catback is quite obviously the ideal setup....what if i just stuck with my current setup. shorty headers. stock cats stock y. magnaflow catback. are we talking about strictly a horsepower difference? or will it be detrimental to my engine and cause damage? will it send my gas mileage to shit?

what are the cons of keeping my current setup.

i'm not stupid i'm already looking into getting the macs so don't jump down my throat for asking.

i would just like to know theoretically what WOULD happen if i kept my current setup.

now, take the LT's like i said, and i can hake a h or x pipe, back to your cat back..but im not going to y it together. your cat back can be modded to work on a v-8 type set up.

that why i said "make you one" when i said it the first time.

Guest JCroz91
its not..we dont do smog checks here...so its not like you need them on. granted, no exhaust shop will even touch you car with out cats on it,

so u DO need cats to be street legal

Guest Removed

it can be made to work!

last time im saying it. hell, cams car..his exhaust is parts from 5 different cars..hells there fox body exhaust parts in his!

look his tip are even sideways. i didnt want to put that mess under his car, but guess what, i had to make shit work, so i did. looks like total dick under the car, but its works..lol

because i don't wanna drop 500 on another catback when i already have one thats perfectly fine (STOP BEING A DOUCHE).

anyone want to answer my question rather than give negative comments? i'd really appreciate some information in relation to my questions.

if you have a negative comment about me, my 6 cylinder car, my future goals and how i plan on reaching them, please keep them to yourself. constructive criticism like what Jcroz and Pontiacfreak have been giving is welcome. actually answering my question is welcome as well.

I can be a DOUCHE or whatever....My shit is good unlike your crap. People are tryn to help you dumb ass on your setup sense you dont know shit about a simple exhaust.

Guest Removed

so u DO need cats to be street legal

yes and no..

i had 3 1/2 with bullets and turn downs, and was pulled over alot. and not once did i ever had a issue for not having cats.

there are no emissions laws around here like cleveland, akron and so on.

it can be made to work!

last time im saying it. hell, cams car..his exhaust is parts from 5 different cars..hells there fox body exhaust parts in his!

look his tip are even sideways. i didnt want to put that mess under his car, but guess what, i had to make shit work, so i did. looks like total dick under the car, but its works..lol

Thanks ROB...your the best...(no homo)...LOL

yes and no..

i had 3 1/2 with bullets and turn downs, and was pulled over alot. and not once did i ever had a issue for not having cats.

there are no emissions laws around here like cleveland, akron and so on.

My thing was you need to have CATS to be street legal......but on the other hand there are no emissions laws around here like cleveland, akron...... like you said, so......+1 to that LOL

okay gearhead i'm feeling what youre saying. i think i'd much rather have you do something for me than buy an all new entire exhaust system. when i get my tax return i think i'm gonna have to give you a call lol.

@ Jcroz thanks for the explanation. i'm gettin what youre saying.

thanks to everyone for the advice, and cam apologies for bein a douche to you. you are not a douche. youre spoiler thing is sweet by the way.

when its all said and done i'll have enough money for this by the end of the summer...just i was hoping to do it in the beginning of june. oh well i can wait a couple months if it means doing it right/making it better.

okay gearhead i'm feeling what youre saying. i think i'd much rather have you do something for me than buy an all new entire exhaust system. when i get my tax return i think i'm gonna have to give you a call lol.

thanks to everyone for the advice, and cam apologies for bein a douche to you. you are not a douche. youre spoiler thing is sweet by the way.

when its all said and done i'll have enough money for this by the end of the summer...just i was hoping to do it in the beginning of june. oh well i can wait a couple months if it means doing it right/making it better.

Eureka!!!!!!!!

The young padawan learner is doing well.

I AGREE WITH YOU 100%:cool:

New Plan:

Spring - Mac Longtube Headers

+ some sort of high flowing exhaust system whether fabricated or brand new.

+ Install

August - Supercharger Install

JLT Cold Air Intake

Cobra 90mm MAF

Cobra Intake Plenum

Cobra Throttle Body

M112

39lb Fuel Injectors

310lph Fuel Pump

Meth Injection kit (prob from Snow Performance)

Super Six Motorsports Adapter

anyone think i should get other stuff?

you guys think my setup is gonna be sweet?

i'm pumped.