Man shoots Bull Elk while hunting for white tail. OHIO Don't have elk.

CRAWDAD

Well Ohio is not supposed to have elk. A guy I work with shot this elk up by the Honda Plant.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2009/12/05/ANELK.ART_ART_12-05-09_B1_GLFT8LM.html?type=rss&cat=&sid=101

http://www.dispatch.com/wwwexportcontent/sites/dispatch/local_news/stories/2009/12/05/elk01_large.jpg

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things:

1. That elk is way off the migration path, but more than likely escape from the guy near by who raises elk.

2. Did it bread with any deer and have mixed breed off sping that lived?

Pretty cool either way and fuck hauling out a 350+ lbs dressed animal. I hope he had a 4 wheeler.

OH MAN BIG ANTLERS AND RUSTLING THE BUSHES!!! *BANG BANG BANG* (those types of hunters always require all 3 shots)

Oh shit, sorry Tom, didn't know it was you just carrying a shed

Guest tbutera2112
OH MAN BIG ANTLERS AND RUSTLING THE BUSHES!!! *BANG BANG BANG* (those types of hunters always require all 3 shots)

Oh shit, sorry Tom, didn't know it was you just carrying a shed

article says it was trotting as if it had already been startled...if you cant tell the difference in a running elk and a man hiding in a bush, i hope i never run into you out in the woods

article says it was trotting as if it had already been startled...if you cant tell the difference in a running elk and a man hiding in a bush, i hope i never run into you out in the woods

Sorry, I don't shoot at things that I haven't 100% identified already.

That irritates me, he should have called it in instead of shooting it.

He had no idea what he was pointing his gun at, 30 years experience you think he would know what a deer looks like.

O WAIT HE COULDNT FUCKING SEE IT!

It's not called Moron Week for nothin

After this past week, I've come to the conclusion that I'm just going to stick to archery season. It's so much more enjoyable, and you don't have to deal with all the part-timers that only come out for a week.

I swear to Christ. Damn near every shot I heard during gun week was quickly followed by 2 more (and sometimes even more...).

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

Large, brown, antlered (wow, spell checker let that go :) ) animal in Ohio... what the fuck else was he supposed to assume it was besides a deer? A moo-cow? A jackalope?

Rump patch and size would be my first thought.

Elk aren't native to Ohio, and obviously they aren't regularly roaming the state's farm fields and wetlands.

um, wut? Elk most certainly ARE native to Ohio, they were just hunted to local extinction many years ago. I hate when "journalists" say shit like this. It's the same thing as when they call a 10-.22 an "assault weapon".

Anyway, he got a clear enough look at it to identify it as a deer. Elk ARE deer, just not a White Tail.

BTW, the Elk is most likely one of the small herd that escaped from a local farm a couple years back.

That irritates me, he should have called it in instead of shooting it.

He had no idea what he was pointing his gun at, 30 years experience you think he would know what a deer looks like.

O WAIT HE COULDNT FUCKING SEE IT!

What else could it have been? see below message

Large, brown, antlered (wow, spell checker let that go :) ) animal in Ohio... what the fuck else was he supposed to assume it was besides a deer? A moo-cow? A jackalope?

ditto

Rump patch and size would be my first thought.

size? it is a super small elk. elk weight about 1200lbs

More likely the guy knew what he was shooting at (an Elk) and shot it anyway to say he bagged an Elk. In Ohio.

Bet he has the record for the largest elk tagged in union county!!!

This was big news in marysville since it was shot in union county near marysville, It was shot near the logan county line, where there are a few ELK farms.

Next year hopfully a buffalo escapes and gets shot during fun season. lol

There is a buffalo farm in delaware county, lets go huntin up there next year!