Body work tip

Kosmo

Well there is a ton of literature out there.....each using different material...please suggest some....

Minor/area cracks on ABS plastic......all my fairings are Ebony.

Please suggest the following:

1. The glue/bonding to use. Epoxy, Methylene Chloride

2.Do I need to use some backing fibreglass cloth. etc.

3.Do you have any preference over Evercoat Polytex filler over Bondo spot glazing putty ?

4. Your choice of primer and brand of paint for those small area touch ups.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Ok here it goes for plastic repairs you need to use a flexible smc 2 part epoxy, either Duramix ,fuzor or 3m. With these products you dont need to use any backer as long as youre not trying to create a missing piece of plastic otherwise you need a smc fiber backing material.

As for the filler/ glaze coat i reccomes usc icing glazecoat and marson platnium plus filler. For fiberglass repairs i use Duraglass and for metal i like to use USC all metal filler.

Dont even waste time with spot glazing putty as it is old technology made for laquer primers.

I use all Glasurit and r-m products from BASF. House of kolor for candys and customs and some stuff from alsa corp for other additives. I would strongly reccomend using a 2 part primer nothing out of a rattle can as it is all laquer based. You need to use a good eurethane and if its bare metal use an epoxy first

Ok here it goes for plastic repairs you need to use a flexible smc 2 part epoxy, either Duramix ,fuzor or 3m. With these products you dont need to use any backer as long as youre not trying to create a missing piece of plastic otherwise you need a smc fiber backing material.

As for the filler/ glaze coat i reccomes usc icing glazecoat and marson platnium plus filler. For fiberglass repairs i use Duraglass and for metal i like to use USC all metal filler.

Dont even waste time with spot glazing putty as it is old technology made for laquer primers.

I use all Glasurit and r-m products from BASF. House of kolor for candys and customs and some stuff from alsa corp for other additives. I would strongly reccomend using a 2 part primer nothing out of a rattle can as it is all laquer based. You need to use a good eurethane and if its bare metal use an epoxy first

YES! now that's hardcore...

Oh.....OK.....yeah that's hardcore.....let me see where do I find these :confused:

Oh.....OK.....yeah that's hardcore.....let me see where do I find these :confused:

They are going to be found at shops that supply materials for body shops, or paint stores that sell automotive paints, or bought on-line.

The smc epoxy is the key part. It's the right stuff for repairing flexible or rigid ABS plastic body parts. Take your parts with you if you need to get help buying the right one, there are several to choose from.