Speaker help

sciongirl

I've been out to the car audio scene for a few years now and I'm going to be redoing my speakers. here's what ive been considering but i'm not sure so i wanted opinions.

Fronts (6.5) are Rockford Fosgate X series, their higher end 2 ways. I actually really hated these right away so I've been trying to blow them to buy something else, I finally did :)

Rears (5.25) I never replaced so they are stock. Now they are blown as well.

I have two JL Audio amps, 300/4 and 500/1. I don't want to replace these, this is just what's powering the speakers.

I also have a JL Audio 12W6V2 in the back, more than enough for bass and I'm not replacing this either.

My headunit is a Pioneer AVIC-D1 Navigation unit. Not going away!

So basically, I'm looking for help on brands for the components and rear (fill) speakers. Should I stay with JL Audio or get something different? I'm interested in Infinity Kappas but I don't know if these are still up there in quality.

Here's some pictures.

http://i49.tinypic.com/15d6ook.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/1zmfe5i.jpg

Please dont break into my car, I will kill you.

Do you have a particular price range? Give me a range and I can give you the best quality for your buck.

well.. im broke. so this is going on the credit card. i was hoping components around $200-$300 and rears, since they are fill could be fairly cheaper. $100-$150

Yea right now I'm partial to the Infinity, JL's, Boston Acoustics and maybe even MB Quarts.

What do you think of them, MB Quart?

MB quart are real nice. Very crisp and clear with little distortion at higher DB's.

We carry JL and Infinity both. I can get you pricing if you like. The kappa's are decent and the JL components are nice as well. Also in your price range would be Diamond D6 components which are very nice.

There ya go.

I've been pleased with my Polk 6.5 components, and I have an installer friend who was also pretty impressed. I've always bought through sonicelectronix.com, and they were very reasonable on there.

I agree with the other suggestions given already too, just figured I'd mention Polk.

I've been pleased with my Polk 6.5 components, and I have an installer friend who was also pretty impressed. I've always bought through sonicelectronix.com, and they were very reasonable on there.

I agree with the other suggestions given already too, just figured I'd mention Polk.

Thanks spankis, they have the same things for cheaper!

I had Polk MOMOs and they were some of the best sounding speakers I have ever heard. I'm not using the 6.5 component set...

Also the Diamond speakers mentioned above must be quality. MB Quartz are the standard IMO, but there are better out there. Good quality, not a bad price.

I had Polk MOMOs and they were some of the best sounding speakers I have ever heard. I'm not using the 6.5 component set...

Also the Diamond speakers mentioned above must be quality. MB Quartz are the standard IMO, but there are better out there. Good quality, not a bad price.

MB Quartz standard? Polk MOMO awesome? I have replaced so many of them in peoples cars it is not even funny. They sound "alright" but you better have another set of speakers on stand-by. You get what you pay for. Remember that!!

I am a clarion kid myself. I used to have all pioneer head units and speakers but they all had issues after 2 -3 years of use. It seems either the speakers just quit working or the head unit would stop sending audio to the left or right channel. I swear it did this on 2 different pioneer headunits I had over a 6 year span. I went all clarion and that worked awesome. Also my 1 12" Clarion dvc sub sounded better then any 2 12" of any brand I have owned or hear in other cars. Clarion was epic until the thieves broke into my car and took it all.

If you want cheaper the Kappa's would be cheaper and you would achieve the same sound quality level.

Here is a list:

Focal --good but $$

Infinity Kappa Good cheaper stuff

Boston acoustics fail

MB Quart meh

PPI fail

Pioneer Premier ok at best

All of these should be in your range and the sound you want.

DD audio ddc5.2-mega win

RE audio XXX series--best you can buy period---will not find anything better

RE audio RE series-good product for a decent price

If you want cheaper the Kappa's would be cheaper and you would achieve the same sound quality level.

Here is a list:

Focal

Infinity Kappa

Boston acoustics

MB Quart

PPI

Pioneer Premier

All of these should be in your range and the sound you want.

I agree. I would rate them:

MB Quartz (These are generally my "go to" brand, I personally love them.)

Boston Acoustics (I have always liked all levels they have produced.)

Focal (These are awesome, but sometimes hard to find...)

PPI (You will have to look hard for these, but worth finding.)

Pioneer Premier (I personally always liked the 05+ better than RF stuff.)

Infinity Kappa (don't usually handle power real well)

www.partsexpress.com will allow you to find some splendid deals if you're willing to play with numbers and figure things out on your own. You can come well below budget, too.

www.partsexpress.com will allow you to find some splendid deals if you're willing to play with numbers and figure things out on your own. You can come well below budget, too.

Win

If you go PE

check out these

5.25" Aluminum cone-- hard to beat for the low price

5" underhung cool little SQ woofer--but needs alot of backspacing

Nice little TangBand woofer

DD audio ddc5.2-mega win

RE audio XXX series--best you can buy period---will not find anything better

RE audio RE series-good product for a decent price

Are you serious? Subs are nice. Pound hard but not very durable. I have worked/dealed in audio for more than half of the years you have been on this earth. She said her old speakers "fosgate" she hated them. So in general at higher volumes they can be very distorted.