03 Cobra Price for a part out car

BDHG940

I was going to make a guy an offer on his 03 cobra he bought from the insurance company. 42k miles and I really would like to have the motor/wiring/etc

The deal with the car is that it was tore up from a guys girl friend, interior is tore up as far as seat a little on the dash. The rear quarter panel had a dent but other than that, the car looked pretty good but does have a salvage title now. There isnt any crash damage so air bags and the rest of the body is good.

Here is my question, if I kept the motor, how much do you think I would be able to get out of everything else parting out? I havent ever parted anything like that out but Im thinking about this so I could get a good deal on a motor setup for my project.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking brakes, irs, tranny, sensors, fuel system parts, airbags, half the seats(back seats) are good, gauges, controls, headlights/tail lights, body parts like bumpers, hood, doors, all the glass, driveshaft, exhaust, etc

There are a lot of things just overlooked and I dont see how spending a little time that all that wouldnt get back $5000~ or even maybe a little more

Guest tbutera2112

rear spoiler is $300-$500 to the right buyer

mirrors are a few hundred

bumpers are $300+ each

IRS is a grand

brakes are 300-400

hood is worth a good bit too

side skirts

gauges

trans is big money

I guess if you don't mind putting in the work. Parting out a car can be tuff if there isn't a high demand for the parts and like was mentioned before most of the parts you'll be getting rid of are fairly common and easy to come by. Not saying that you couldn’t turn a small profit off of it, but I’m thinking if you’d have to sit on some of the parts and wait for the right buyer tying up your money for a while. If there’s money to be made it’s probably not much and what you would have to invest time wise and effort wise I don’t think you’d get much ROI.

Guest Removed
I guess if you don't mind putting in the work. Parting out a car can be tuff if there isn't a high demand for the parts and like was mentioned before most of the parts you'll be getting rid of are fairly common and easy to come by. Not saying that you couldn’t turn a small profit off of it, but I’m thinking if you’d have to sit on some of the parts and wait for the right buyer tying up your money for a while. If there’s money to be made it’s probably not much and what you would have to invest time wise and effort wise I don’t think you’d get much ROI.

BS... there are little parts of that car, people will be tripping over themselves for. and all of the left overs will be great ebay items.

I know you said the seats were fucked up, but how bad is the rest of the interior, Cam may be interested.

Folding Mirrors:cool:

Any Interior that you don't want what so ever:D

Windshield wiper motor, if not needed:(