Delaware ccw application process A+++++

wnaplay1647545503

Well that's fucking gay. I spent $8.xx at Walgreens this morning for my picture on my way to my appointment. :nono:

She said I should get a call in a few days to pick it up. :)

-Marc

I think he means they take a pic the day you pick it up so they have a known current pic.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that's fucking gay. I spent $8.xx at Walgreens this morning for my picture on my way to my appointment. :nono:

She said I should get a call in a few days to pick it up. :)

-Marc

You take a passport pic with you so that they can verify the person who dropped off the app is the person picking it up.

My brother runs the Franklin County CCW office so my application process took less than 24 hours from the time I went until the time I got my license. They usually are pretty good at turning them over quickly as long as you lived in Ohio most of your life and don't have to do the out of state background check.

When I got mine in Franklin County way back when it took less than 6 hours. I knew at that point they hadn't done a complete background check based on that time-line. I heard nothing but horror stories coming from people who got their CCW permits in Delaware after taking classes at BWSC. I was hoping they would get that turned around.

I heard nothing but horror stories coming from people who got their CCW permits in Delaware after taking classes at BWSC. I was hoping they would get that turned around.

Really? That's too bad becuase everyone I've talked to had it go pretty smoothly. I might have gone to Franklin county, but Deleware was so much easier and convenient, no BS parking or traffic or anything.

When I got mine in Franklin County way back when it took less than 6 hours. I knew at that point they hadn't done a complete background check based on that time-line. I heard nothing but horror stories coming from people who got their CCW permits in Delaware after taking classes at BWSC. I was hoping they would get that turned around.

Well, either those people didn't know what they were talking about, thought the process was going to be different, or I really have no other reason why they would say that. Not including the posters on here I know about 100 guys personally who have done their CHL through Delaware since 2004 and only had 1 that was annoyed because he filled his app out incorrectly.

It was from 20-30% of the 864 people + per year that BWSC ran through their CCW class. 18 per class at least 4 classes per month is where I come up with that figure. (BWSC usually ran 6 classes per month while I was there so the figure was probably more, but I come up with 172 people out of that figure.) I just always told people to go to Franklin and heard little problems out of there. I can say that the majority of the people who took their CHL from BWSC were not nearly as ignorant as the students I had in classroom at NASR. It is true that Delaware in much more CHL friendly than Franklin overall, though.

*edit* The biggest complaints I recall were over the 45 day limit.

It was from 20-30% of the 864 people + per year that BWSC ran through their CCW class. 18 per class at least 4 classes per month is where I come up with that figure. (BWSC usually ran 6 classes per month while I was there so the figure was probably more, but I come up with 172 people out of that figure.) I just always told people to go to Franklin and heard little problems out of there. I can say that the majority of the people who took their CHL from BWSC were not nearly as ignorant as the students I had in classroom at NASR. It is true that Delaware in much more CHL friendly than Franklin overall, though.

Delaware actually does the background check and if you go during teacher season, it backs up. I haven't heard any complaints of an over the 45 day limit from Delaware except the guy who filled out his app wrong. There's a chance that some of those people had issues with theirs. I mean, I know the Sheriff and used to shoot with the last (albeit dirty) Sheriff and all they ever talk about when you talk to them about the CHL is trying to get people in and out within 72 hours of their drop off appointment.

I dunno, maybe all the experiences I know just come from being part of the "good ole boys" network, but really, I've never personally heard complaints about Delaware county, and our club has a couple hundred members.

I dropped my application off Wednesday morning with Jodi...she called me yesterday to pick up my license. Less than 24 hour turn around is pretty stellar in my book. :)

-Marc

I dropped my application off Wednesday morning with Jodi...she called me yesterday to pick up my license. Less than 24 hour turn around is pretty stellar in my book. :)

-Marc

Oh great, you can carry now? Powell just became a little more gansta

:)

-Marc

I dropped off mine on Monday, but as far as I know I haven't got any calls about it

Ok boys, last minute help, I have my packet filled out, affidavat copied, $67 in cash, photo attached to packet in the box, I have my drivers license, and SS card. Do I need anything else? I am going to Delaware tomorrow morning.

Bumping this, DO I have everything I need?