Health Insurance

stealthmonkey

it's going to be a hard one finding decent health ins. for $100 or under. When I got layed off I picked up COBRA for a few months and it ran almost $325 a month. If you make under a certain dollar amount you can get a government discount and that dropped the price down to $140 for me.

COBRA is a horrible ripoff and there are MUCH better solutions out there that people never look at. Im going with the HSA style that was recommended in the thread that clay posted. but there are also normal premium plans that are right around $100, or $109 exactly for me, that are also good plans. Just depends on what suites you the best.

COBRA is a horrible ripoff and there are MUCH better solutions out there that people never look at.

Yes they are!! I went to the doctor and a month later got a bill for almost 80% because COBRA wouldn't pay. The only reason I went that route was because that's what I was offered from my former employer and I knew I was going on the wife's insurance in September.

I definitely wouldn't recommend them.