This sounds sketchy

CRed05

I found a nice Jeep on columbus craigslist, so I sent an email to the seller, asking him some questions and heres the response I got:

The car is still available. Here is the car info: 81,500 original miles, there are no rips, tears, stains or marks of any kind in or on the car. The engine and trans are in perfect condition, no leaks, noises or smoke, no rust, there are NO issues. There are no lien or loan on the car and I'm the registered owner with the title in hand. It has a clear title ready to be signed and notarized on your name.

I recently was promoted and had to move to Norfolk, VA. The car is located in my garage in Long Beach, CA. My friend, Mike, that works with DAS delivery will help me with the shipping of the car. I've left him the garage and the car keys.

To secure this sale, we will use eBay to finalize our deal because it protects both buyer and seller and they keep the money until you get the car. You have 7 days to inspect the car and I get the money after you make sure everything is ok and decide to keep it. If you don't like the car and want to return it, I will arrange to ship it back (on my costs) and you will be 100% refunded by eBay. I'm sure you will love the car and don't want to return it but it's good to know that you have this option available.

If you have the funds available and want to buy it, I need your full name and the delivery address to register the sale and receive the transaction details from eBay.

What do you guys think? It almost sounds like its legit, and since I dont have to worry about shipping and since we are going through ebay I do have some kind of security there...yet I'm not so sure about it.

He also sent me the VIN number with more pictures. If someone here could check on the vin for me too that would be great!

Bullshit!!!! Stay away from it, this is just another version of the "I have a shipping company, just send me a money oreder and I'll have it shipped" scam. And like always, if you have to ask it's probably a lie. Dude is willing to pay shipping from Cali to Ohio both ways for FREE if needed. I don't care how good of a friend he has that shit aint happin'.

I think you should take advantage of this opportunity immediately. I also have some relatives in Nigeria (who would of thought they had an asian district) that recently died and I need your help recovering the inheritance.