I'm finally a MCSA

Billiumss

Last week I took my last test for my MCSA.

So now that I'm "certified" anyone know of any decent jobs out there? (I know, don't laugh) I also have an Associate in Electronic Engineering with many years experience with electronics. I have about 15+ years personal experience with computers but never did it for a living. I even have a Entry Level certification in Solar PV systems.

Looking for a job east of I-71 since I live on the east side of town.

Bill

I don't see the MCSA doing much for you.

LOL...way to pounce on such hard work and hope.

Yeah congrats and all but most are meaningless unless it is a requirement for your current job. Now in 2000 this would be a whole other story...

All very true. Fact is...It's not what you know....It's WHO you know.

congrats. im studying for my mcse

Don't waste your time and all the money. Get a MCP in like XP, Vista, 7. A+, N+ and maybe a CC(something). Back in 2000 or so when MCSE was the thing to have...EVERYONE went after that cert. As Satan said, there are too many of them out here w/out a job. Broaden your knowledge and get a variety. Just my 2 cents. It's what I did and it's working.

Don't waste your time and all the money. Get a MCP in like XP, Vista, 7. A+, N+ and maybe a CC(something). Back in 2000 or so when MCSE was the thing to have...EVERYONE went after that cert. As Satan said, there are too many of them out here w/out a job. Broaden your knowledge and get a variety. Just my 2 cents. It's what I did and it's working.

Where you working now? Im considering getting my VCP as well.

I work for the company that owns everything downtown, in the district. VMware is big. Not a bad idea. We have lots of Virtual servers. Hell, now a days when a server is being provisioned...you gotta ask "physical or virtual". They are everywhere. VMView. Great tool.

Diversification is probably the best thing.

a year ago I decided to go back to college and get a masters degree in business administration rather than getting certifications due to the saturated market.

I decided to go back to college and get a masters degree in business administration rather than getting certifications due to the saturated market.

Can't argue that decision. Puts you in a group that many aren't in.

wow, thats like every mofo on this board that I know, lol.

LOL..i know

Thanks for being so harsh guys....

I already have a 2 year assoc in electronics with 15+ years experience and jobs are scarce, at least good paying ones are. I also have training in soldering, solar, residential & industrial wiring.

When Lucent shut down and outsourced everything, I qualified for the TAA program, since I already have a degree they wouldn't pay for another degree so my options are limited.

With having a family to take care of, it took me most of the year to complete the courses.

I don't expect to start out making 50k a year, but getting a MCSA can't hurt my search for good employment.

You can never have enough education unless you come from a family of wealth which I do not.

+1 for virtual shiz. Its becoming extrememly popular. You could probably make more as a hot dog salesman outside of bars downtown on the weekends :) I had an idea of a big pizza van outside of them and what did I see last weekend.. PIZZA!! F my life I shoulda just bought a van and sold pizza.

LOL...way to pounce on such hard work and hope.

All very true. Fact is...It's not what you know....It's WHO you know.

Hey we know each other maybe you can help me out? You owe me a drink anyway from when I helped you out with that cd. So how about you get me in your department downtown and we call it even? ;););)