Anyone repair Vending machines on here or know about them

TurboNova

i work for coke but do not repair these machines, but i do have a little tiny bit of knowledge about them. if you can, take a pic of the inside so i can see exactly what you are talking about.

also explain the issue in more detail, like is it making any noises, is the wheel turning, ect...ect...

Guest Removed
I don't work on them however my company is located a few doors down from people who do, I can get there number for you if you like.

Rob they have older units I may be able to get you if you are serious....

i want a 1/2 sized one. that sits on a table..i could have got a full sized one that worked for $200, but sold it before i could head to go get it :(

Yeah who knows whats up with this one, I am thinking about getting a Free-vend relay. The problem initially was that after stocking the unit when I got it and inserted the .60 it did not vend. The sold out light was out on the front, so it recognizes it being stocked and it seemed like the vend relay would not energize showing the credit to allow the selection to be processed to the vend motors.

I have gone over and over the diagram but I dont know there really is alot going on in one of these units. I am leaning more towards the relay. It could really only be the coin mechanism, vend relay or wiring. The least possibility could be the motor, but since there are 8 of them I dont think that could be it

The guy I bought this from bought 8 units from a guy who retired a route and he got a good deal so he had all of them in the garage so he knew nothing about them other then they lit up and got cold, so I figured it was ok.

And it may just be a simple adjustment or common thing I just dont know.

Thnks

thats the same machine thats in one of my stores, looking at the second pic, pop off the center piece that covers the electronics. you will see wheels with metal tabs, the tabs slide into the notches on the wheels, to see if the motors are working just push down on one of the metal tabs and the thing should start spinning

here is a crappy pic of what it should look like

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b331/kliped/car/coke.jpg

push down the on tab that is in the recessed area, now dont get scared, if everything is working, its going to make a loud buzzing noise and the wheel will start turning

I work on copy machine vending units and they are usually made by the same companies.

It could easily be the coin unit. Remove the unit and clean it very good. I can come up with more ideas, but usually its a cleaning problem.

Also if you get the manufacture off some of the units and boards inside I could probably find you manuals.

Well thanks guys so far I have tested the switch on each motor and when depressed each motor cycles and will vend a can no problem. I tried to do the "free mod" and jump the wires with a toggle switch at the jones connector so that the relay for the vend cycle energizes and allows a selection to be made and either I did it wrong or the relay is the culprit here. It seems like the 2 most common things I here are either a dirty/bad coin mech. or the vend relay is shit.

I am thinking that the relay is bad but I found a company that makes a Free vend relay so there is no mods needed. It just bypasses the jones connector all together and allows you to vend with out inserting money. We will see when it arrives. If anyone things of something else to check or another repair please shout it out

Thanks

Dan